The download version of AfterShot Pro 2 from Corel is an intuitive and efficient RAW file editing program designed to support 64-bit processing for fast performance. Compatibility with a wide array of camera types, as well as support for Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems, enables this program to function in a variety of environments and suit individually-defined workflows.
Based on a non-destructive photo editing platform, general photo adjustments can be made using a range of tools to control composition, exposure, and color as well as a more sophisticated dedicated HDR module for refining the appearance of photographs. Selective edits can be made using masking tools and multi-version editing permits unrestricted editing capabilities without altering the original master files.
Additionally, AfterShot Pro 2 also supports managing an extensive image library, and includes several tools for rating, tagging, and labeling files for quick access and retrieval. A robust search engine can use user-defined criteria as well as camera-written metadata for sourcing images within a catalog-based or individually defined organizational system.
The HDR module is currently supported by Windows operating systems, and future updates will add compatibility for Mac and Linux operating systems.
- Local contrast control permits fine-tuning of the look and feel of imagery and enables you to bring out greater detailing and visual texture for a more dynamic appearance.
- Athentech Imaging's Noise Removal helps to reduce apparent noise by adjusting the brightness and lighting qualities at the pixel level in order to maintain true colors with no clipping.
- Red-eye removal offers precise adjustment capabilities for cleaning up red-eye effects in photos taken with flash.
- A broad array of adjustment tools, including crop, straighten, highlight recovery, noise removal, color temperature, exposure, highlights, and fill light, among others, are available for complete image editing capabilities.
- Multi-version editing gives you the ability to make adjustments to multiple versions of a master image without altering the original file. An unlimited number of versions can be created of each file and customizable presets, including Black & White and Cross Processing, can also be applied.
- Utilizing Layers and Regions, selective edits can be applied to isolated areas of an image for refined adjustment capabilities.
- To further enhance the RAW image editing capabilities of AfterShot Pro 2, an array of optional plug-ins can be employed that take advantage of 64-bit processing.
- Several different color correction tools, including Vibrance, Saturation, Color Balance and Mixer, and Selective Color Control, can be used for accurate and critical fine-tuning of color representation within imagery.
- Curve and levels adjustments can be utilized for brightness, contrast, and color control and can be used in conjunction with layers and regions for more selective control.
- Three different lens correction processes allow you to easily compensate for optical anomalies within imagery. Geometric correction automatically corrects for recognized distortions for more than 350 different lenses, Vignette Removal helps to remove darkness in the corners of photographs, and Chromatic Aberration helps to fix uneven colors within finer image details.
- For managing an entire library of photos, powerful management tools enable you to organize imagery within a catalog system, utilize different search tools, and apply star ratings to images.
- A quick review feature allows you to compare, sort, and select similar-looking images in an efficient manner.
- A rich search engine with dedicated metadata tools allows you to apply your own searchable keywords, ratings, tags, and labels to photos for quick access. Additionally, searching results are also available for camera-written data, such as camera type, settings, and date.
- While a catalog-based workflow is available and supports the use of numerous asset management tools, this workflow system is not required and AfterShot Pro 2 can access imagery for editing purposes using predefined organizational methods.
- With seamless integration with Corel's PaintShop Pro and other image editing programs, images can be sent directly from AfterShot Pro 2 to other applications for further editing needs.
- Automatically create web galleries of selected photographs using a variety of pre-made templates for showcasing your work online.
- Batch processing can be employed to backup and archive your imagery for assured security.
- For processing large quantities of RAW files, batch commands can be used, along with preset or custom settings, to quickly convert and export RAW files for a variety of purposes, including printing, web sharing, or archiving.
- AfterShot Pro 2 is compatible with a broad variety of existing 32-bit plug-ins for enhancing the overall workflow, and an increasing number of 64-bit plug-ins are being made available for an even faster workflow.
- For developers, an AfterShot Pro 2 SDK (software developer's kit) is available for designing and creating dedicated plug-ins.
- Support for OpenCL works in conjunction with graphics card processing speeds to enhance the overall working efficiency of the program.
- EOS: 70D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 1D, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark IIn, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds Mark III, 1Dx, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 6D, 7D, 100D / Rebel SL1 / Kiss X7, 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D / Digital Rebel T4i / Kiss Digital X6i, 700D / Digital Rebel T5i / Kiss Digital X7i, 1000D, 1100D, D30, D60, M
- PowerShot: G15, G16, S120, G1 X, G10, G11, G12, G2, G3, G5, G6, G9, S100, S110, S40, S45, S50, S60, S70, S90, S95, Pro1, SX1
- Canon sRAW and mRAW formats
- DCS: Pro 14n, Pro 14nx, Pro SLR/c, Pro SLR/n
- C, DIGILUX 3, V-LUX 1, V-LUX 2, V-LUX 3, D-LUX 2, D-LUX 3, D-LUX 4, D-LUX 5, M8, M9, X1, X2, Digital MODUL-R8, Digital MODUL-R9
- DiMAGE: 7, 7i, 7Hi, A1, A2, A200, MAXXUM: 5D, 7D, DYNAX: 5D, 7D, ALPHA-5 DIGITAL, ALPHA SWEET DIGITAL, Alpha-7 Digital
- D5300, D610, 1 AW1, Df, D4, D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D600, D700, D800, D800e, D3s, D3x, D3, D2x, D2h, D2xs, D2hs, D1, D1h, D1x, D3000, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D7000, D7100, 1 J1, 1 J2, 1 J3, 1 S1, 1 V1, 1 V2, P6000, P7000
- E-M1, PEN E-P5, Stylus 1, E-1, E-3, E-5, E-10, E-20, E-30, E-300, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-600, E-620, E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PM1, E-PM2, C5050z, C5060wz, C7070wz, C8080wz, OM-D E-M5, SP-310, SP-320, SP-350, SP-500uz, SP-510uz, SP-550uz, XZ-1
- DMC-GX7, DMC-GM1, LF1, FZ100, FZ150, FZ200, FZ18, FZ28, FZ30, FZ35, FZ38, FZ40, FZ45, FZ50, FZ8, G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G10, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF5, GF6, GH1, GH2, GH3, GX1, L1, L10, LX1, LX2, LX3, LX5, LX7
- Q7, K-50, Q10, 645D, K100D, K100D Super, K10D, K110D, K20D, K200D, K2000, *ist D, *ist DL, *IST DL2, *ist DS, *ist DS2, K-01, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7, K-30, K-m, K-r, K-x, MX-1
- GX-10, GX-20, GX-1L, GX-1S, NX10, NX11, NX100, NX200, NX5
- a7, a7R, NEX-5T, DSC-RX10, DSC-RX100 II, DSC-RX1R, A3000, A33, A35, A55, A55V, A57, A65, A77, A100, A200, A230, A290, A300, A330, A380, A390, A350, A450, A500, A550, A560, A580, A700, A850, A900, DSC-RX1, DSC-RX100, NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-6, NEX-7, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, SLT-A37, SLT-A58, SLT-A99