The XJ-A257 Slim Series 16:10 Multi-Media Projector with Wireless LAN Adapter from Casio puts emphasis on portability, with a thickness of 1.7" and an adaptable 2x optical zoom and 1.2 to 2.3:1 throw ratio. The projector is perhaps most notable for its hybrid LED/laser light source that is estimated to last up to 20,000 hours and boasts lower power consumption (165 watts maximum) than tungsten-based alternatives. The light source generates 3000 lumens at full brightness, and the single-chip DLP imager features native resolution of 1280 x 800 (WXGA) which translates to a 16:10 aspect ratio. In addition, it can adapt to non-native resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) for computer sources and 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) for HDTV video sources.
For connection to a computer, Blu-ray or DVD player, A/V system, document camera, or just about any other video source, the XJ-A147 features an HDMI input, a VGA input, and a legacy composite input. The VGA input also supports component by using a separately available component (YCbCr/YPbPr) to VGA adapter or cable. A USB port allows you to connect a storage device such as a flash drive to give "PC-less" presentations or load files onto the 2GB of built-in memory. It also allows you to connected the included wePresent wireless LAN adapter. With this adapter you can give presentations from a Mac or Windows computer or iOS, Android, or Windows mobile device.
A wireless IR remote is included that works up to 16.4' away. For integration with automation systems like Crestron or control via custom software, there is an RS-232C port on a proprietary "mini" connector. You can adapt this port to work with standard 8- or 9-pin RS-232C cables and devices using the separately available YK-60 adapter and any additional RS-232 cables that might be required.
Laser/LED Hybrid Light Source
Note: The Slim Hybrid Light Source can only be replaced by the Casio Factory Service Center. Disassembly of the projector and/or use of its technology or components for other purposes is potentially dangerous
2x Optical Zoom
Slim Form Factor
Single Chip DLP Technology
- Provides an alternative way of connecting the projector to a computer - besides HDMI or VGA- to give presentations (requires admin privileges for first-time connection). You can also use USB to transfer data to the project's 2GB built-in memory
- For connecting the included YW-40 wireless LAN adapter for projecting wirelessly from a computer or mobile device that has the MobiShow app installed
- Connect a USB flash drive for "PC-less" presentations
Wireless Presentations with MobiShow
wePresent YW-40 Wireless LAN Adapter
- Give presentations from a Mac or Windows computer with Wi-Fi (requires installation of wePresent software). For classroom and workshop applications, or presentations with multiple speakers, you can connect up to 32 computers simultaneously
- Transfer files to the internal memory from a computer with Wi-Fi
- Connect a mobile device that has the MobiShow app installed
- Supports 802.11b/g/n standards