Serving as an all-encompassing photo editing solution, Image Broadway from Filestream covers all aspects of a digital photography workflow from import to export. Unique assets, such as the ability to make side-by-side comparisons during the editing process and open multiple files at once destined for panoramic or composite imagery, are available as well as a rich set of traditional tools for making adjustments to an image's color balance and brightness are incorporated within the intuitive layout. Navigational aids and a dedicated Filter Browser help to expedite finding the right tool and batch processing capabilities benefit applying edits to multiple files quickly and easily.
Beyond making standard image adjustments, more than 80 unique filters and creative effects can be used to deliver one-click solutions for altering the look and feel of your photographs. Additionally, live previews and adjustment layers offer room to test out different effects prior to committing to them. Image Broadway is compatible with Windows operating systems and supports a wide range of standard image file formats and RAW file formats; both of which can be converted to the proprietary lossless IBW format in order to maintain layer- and channel-based editing capabilities.
- Files can be directly opened from memory cards, scanners, or hard drives, as well as straight from other applications, such as Windows Explorer. Each file is visible as a thumbnail within the toolbox tray, from which they can be opened for making adjustments, saving, renaming, or relocating.
- When opening photographs that are destined to be part of a panoramic image, the files can be sequenced within the layer toolbox and then, using the panorama command, automatically opened as a panoramic image.
- If creating a composition of multiple photographs, you can open several images simultaneously with the ability to blend for creative effect. The first opened image will serve as the background layer, and all subsequently opened files can be blended with the layer below using the overlay mode for compositional control.
Side-by-Side Image Comparison
- If working with two or more similar photographs, they can be opened and positioned next to one another for making comparisons. This multiple panel editing structure also allows you to keep the original version of an image open while making edits to a second version for easier recognition of the changes made to a photo. The panels can be configured in either horizontal or vertical orientations, to suit the format of the opened photographs, and images can be moved between tiles using menu commands or drag-and-drop control.
- A dedicated Navigator tool allows you to home in on specific portions of an image for more detailed editing control. Using a zoom slider or preset buttons, the amount of magnification can be controlled and the Navigator's handle can be dragged to re-position the zoomed-in view.
Fix and Enhance
- An all-encompassing image editing interface allows you to adjust and enhance photographs in a wide variety of ways, including the ability to fix red-eye and remove facial blemishes; straighten and correct vertical lines; and lift shadow detail and bring back overexposed highlights.
- An Auto Color tool can be used to automatically remove color casts from imagery while Auto Level and Auto Gamma tools work to intelligently refine the exposure and color balance of photographs. For manual control over color, brightness, and contrast, Level and Curve tools can be used for more precise and personal adjustment.
- For more selective enhancements, Selective Sharpen and Local Contrast filters can be applied for additional sharpness and contrast along the edges of a subject rather than across the entire image.
- Heal and Clone Brushes can be used to intuitively remove blemishes or any other imperfections within a photograph. The brush's size and shape can be adjusted, too, to match subjects or varying sizes.
- Most filters and tools can be configured with an instant preview feature for instantly seeing the effects on your image prior to completing the adjustment.
- A gallery-style preview can offer a clearer way of visualizing the changes made to an image using different filters or layer styles.
- When using the transformation tool, to straighten or make perspective adjustments to an image, you can see an adapting preview within the drag-able bounding box to help in fine-tuning your scaling corrections.
Filters and Effects
- More than 80 filters and effects can be utilized for creatively enhancing and adjusting the look of your imagery, including 18 different color filters; Lens Effects, including Glass, Spherize, Wave, Pinch, Twirl, Warp, Lens Flare, and Lighting; traditional photo techniques like Cross Process; and finishing styles, such as Round Corners, Perspective Reflection, Texturizer, Frames, Mattes, and Borders.
- Emulating conventional photography processes and equipment types, 16 unique Photography filters are available. Cross Process adds contrast and produces unusual colors; Old Polaroid adds an orange and pink tint to the center of the frame; Holga Black and White gives photos a deep blue undertone; and Rainbow Gradient is a fun effect that adds multiple colors to imagery. Additionally, other effects like Vintage, Lomo Effect, Vignette, and Velvia Saturation are available, with many of the effects controllable via adjustment layers for adjusting their values.
- Text can be added to and manipulated in order to have it follow a line, shape, or designated path. In combination with layer styles, text can also take on 3D, halo, shadow, color, gradient, and pattern-filled styles.
- For adjusting the look of colors within photographs, different Color Effects can be used to fine-tune the image's appearance in a preset manner. Classic B/W converts imagery to monochrome and realizes a timeless look; Classic Film and Classic Red settings produce bright, film-like results; Classic Portrait brings out rich skin tones; and warm, cool, pastel, nature, icy, creamy, hazy, summer, and soft filters can also be applied to achieve a variety of unique effects.
- A built-in Filter Browser avails simple access to all of the filter effects, and lets you jump directly to the style you have in mind or browse all of the available presets. The browser also lets you quickly preview the effects of each filter.
Automate and Export
- For greater efficiency, multiple filters and commands can be applied at once to single or multiple images. Ranging from filters to adjustment/enhancement to scaling and cropping, these commands can be sequenced to enable seamless batch processing.
- A dedicated Batch Folder command can be used for processing groups of imagery pre-organized within a folder structure. This command will follow your specifications regarding resizing, image enhancements, and the path in which the final image will be saved.
- Compatible with a wide range of standard file formats and RAW file formats, this program can open and convert images to the native IBW file format. This format fully supports the use of layer- and channel-based controls, and is lossless in nature to allow you to open and save the file continuously without a decrease in image quality.
File Format Compatibility
- .3FR, .ARW, .BAY, .CR2, .CRW, .CS1, .DC2, .DCR, .DNG, .ERF, .FFF, .K25, .KDC, .MRW, .MOS, .NEF, .NRW, .ORF, .RAF, .RAW, .RDC, .RW2, .RWL, .PEF, .SR2, .SRF, .SRW, .TIF, .X3F
- JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, TGA, BMP, PSD