The Shure QLXD14/SM35 rackmount digital wireless headset microphone system provides instructors, presenters, and broadcasters with professional-quality audio, reliable RF performance, and secure AES 256-bit encryption. Rugged and easy-to-use, it is ideal for use in TV broadcast or sound-reinforcement applications in medium-sized venues and houses of worship, as well as A/V installations in conference, educational, and corporate facilities.
The QLXD14/SM35 operates in the UHF band to transmit pristine 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio with clarity, accurate low end, and crisp transient response. It utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and deliver solid RF signal stability without audio artifacts. You can run up to 60 mic channels at the same location.
The system comes with an SM35 cardioid performance headset microphone built for clear vocal reproduction. The headset's wearable design offers both comfort and a secure fit for long-wearing use and gives active performers the freedom to express themselves without having to sacrifice the sound quality found in traditional microphones. The bodypack transmitter provides up to 9 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with selectable 1/10mW RF power and a transmission range up to 330'.
The receiver features audio and RF meters, 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4" instrument outputs. A large LCD screen and intuitive controls let you quickly make adjustments, even in low-light situations. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning, IR sync, and internal limiting to prevent clipping.
The Ethernet port allows multiple receivers to be easily networked together for simplified frequency coordination and deployment via Shure's Wireless Workbench (WWB) software.
Rugged Bodypack Transmitter with Headset Mic for Hands-Free Performances
- The SM35 condenser performance headset mic features a cardioid polar pattern that helps reject signal bleed and feedback for use on stages and behind floor monitors. The flexible gooseneck design with discrete adjustment options lets you position the microphone for further source isolation in loud environments.
- The headset plugs into the locking TA4M connection on the compact QLXD1 bodypack transmitter. The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates a wide variety of speaking styles and mic levels, and even instrument-level audio.
- The rugged, all-metal transmitter features a backlit LCD that displays essential information and provides fast menu access. It can be locked out to prevent accidental changes during a performance. The transmitter syncs to the receiver via infrared with a quick press on the Sync button.
Robust Performance with Digital Switching Diversity Reception
- The system operates in the G50: 470 to 534 MHz UHF band with a 64 MHz tuning range and 2560 selectable frequencies.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur.
- Two detachable 1/2 wave dipole antennas are included.
- 256-bit AES encryption offers unbreachable privacy by using a unique, randomized encryption key generated every time encryption is enabled.
- Low latency makes the system ideal for meetings that require live sound reinforcement.
Intelligent Hardware Simplifies Setup, Monitoring, and Control
- The receiver’s scanning function automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain with an internal limiter that automatically engages to prevent digital clipping of your audio.
- Intuitive front-panel controls with audio and RF LED meters as well as a peak indicator, allow for quick visual checks.
- Ethernet networking enables real-time, precision monitoring and control of your system as well as automatic frequency coordination across multiple receivers, using Wireless Workbench software (WWB) for Mac/Windows.
- The system is compatible with external controllers such as AMX and Creston.
- Remote Control: Make adjustments from anywhere in the venue from your iPad/iPhone via the ShurePlus Channels Mobile App for iOS devices.
Smart Power Management Options
- Smart Power Management on Transmitter: The SB900A lithium-ion intelligent rechargeable battery with SBC charger (both available separately) provide extended transmitter battery life over alkaline batteries.
- The SB900A’s remaining battery life can be metered in hours and minutes from the receiver’s front panel.
Enhance the Reliability of Your System
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
A Variety of Options to Meet Your Needs
- The WL183 (omnidirectional) lavalier mic offers consistent pickup even when the talent turns away from the mic.
- The WL185 (cardioid) and WL184 (supercardioid) lavalier mics offer narrower, feedback-resistant pickup patterns for louder events.
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The QLXD2 handheld transmitter is available with several mic capsules choices for presenters who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone.