Convert your smartphone into an interchangeable lens camera with the ILCE-QX1 Mirrorless Lens-Style Digital Camera from Sony. This model features the Sony E lens mount along with a 20.1-megapixel APS-C Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and the BIONZ X image processor to provide detailed imagery and full high definition video at 30p. This camera also has a built-in flash with a guide number of 13' for working in low-light conditions.
In addition to these shooting capabilities, the QX1 has the ability to record RAW image files for use with advanced editing techniques. It can also shoot continuously at a rate of 3.5 fps for up to 15 frames and utilizes a 25-point contrast detection autofocus system for quickly capturing sharp images. This system can lock on to moving subjects.
The QX1 has built-in Wi-Fi which connects to your iOS or Android smartphone and uses the PlayMemories Mobile App to turn your phone into a viewer and menu control for the camera. With Android smartphones, NFC (Near Field Communication) enables a Wi-Fi connection with just a simple tap between the phone and camera. Furthermore, with the Wi-Fi connection enabled, you can use your smartphone as a remote control and shoot with the camera detached from the smartphone. In addition, a zoom lever and shutter button on the camera enable you to shoot without a smartphone and view your images later. The camera can utilize Memory Stick Micro, Memory Stick Micro Mark II and microSD and microSDHC memory cards for image storage.
- RAW file recording is possible for advanced editing techniques.
- A built-in pop-up flash is available to provide additional illumination when working in dim lighting.
- Convenient USB charging allows you to charge the included lithium-ion battery in-camera via USB connection from either an AC outlet or PC source.
- Saves files to microSD and Memory Stick Micro memory cards.
- Up to 440 shots on a single battery charge.
- Tripod thread on bottom of camera.