This Elements Plus Blackmagic Camera Cage from ikan is a feature-rich starting-point rig for the 2.5K Cinema Camera and 4K Production Camera. It comes with a dovetail plate that allows forward/backward adjustment on a tripod, an EVF/monitor mount on top, and rosette adapters on the sides for attaching optional handles. The sides of the cage are designed to line up in front of the camera instead of directly on it so that any accessories you may attach won't put stress on the camera body. This cage also features air vents integrated into the design to allow better airflow and prevent overheating. Access to all common camera functions, the connections, battery, and SSD slots remains unobstructed.
The cage also comes with a long, ergonomic, sideways-adjustable top handle offering versatile and comfortable handling. This top handle additionally features a cold shoe at the front end for attaching mics and other accessories. The top handle extends out in front of the cage, so the cold shoe at the tip provides an advantageous position for a mic.
The included dovetail plate has 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount threads on the bottom and is loosened/tightened by a lever on the side. The EVF/monitor mount offers a 1/4"-20 threaded stud for attaching most 1/4"-20 accessories. It's adjustable vertically and horizontally and can be further fine-tuned at the mounting stud.
The rods on the bottom are approximately 12" long, and the ones on top approximately 8". All four rods are female-threaded on both ends, and one pair of male extenders is included for connecting additional rods either on the top or bottom. The cage offers four 1/4"-20 and one 3/8"-16 mounting threads on each side. The camera attaches to the mounting platform during setup, and the cage can be used tripod-mounted or upgraded to a full shoulder rig with the addition of a shoulder pad and handles.
- Forward / backward adjustable dovetail plate with 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount threads
- 1/4"-20 EVF / monitor mount
- Rosette adapters on the sides for attaching optional handles
- Horizontally adjustable ergonomic top handle with cold shoe
- Lines up in front of the camera instead of directly on it to prevent stress to the camera body
- Air vents are integrated into the design to allow for better airflow
- Pair of 12" and pair of 8" female threaded rods
- Pair of male rod extenders
- Suitable for the 2.5K Cinema Camera and 4K Production Camera