Incorporating stylish design elements such as LED indicator lights on the grip and lighted camera controls, the blue Pentax K-S1 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens provides users with a compact, intuitive camera kit. At the core of the K-S1's performance is a 20-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the PRIME M II Image Processing Engine which enables the capture of highly detailed images with accurate color rendition at ISO speeds up to 51200.
Inside the camera body is a variety of technologies, including a sensor-shift Shake Reduction system for capturing sharp images in less than ideal shooting conditions. The sensor also lacks an anti-aliasing filter, but can be put into a simulation mode that will recreate the effects of one for use in certain situations.
The K-S1 is very responsive with the SAFOX IXi+ 11-point autofocus sensor and the ability to capture 5.4 frames per second. This system also features 9 cross-type points in the center for increased performance. Along with fast focusing, the camera can record full HD 1080p video at up to 30 fps. This video, along with photo review and settings, is seen on the bright 3.0" 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor.
Additional features of the K-S1 include in-body RAW file development and HDR shooting. Also, there are enhanced creative modes and filters for giving a unique look to your shots. The camera records all these images to SD cards and is compatible with both Eye-Fi and FLU cards for adding more capabilities to the camera.
Bundled with the K-S1 is the smc PENTAX-DA L 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens. This lens provides users with a versatile 27-82.5mm equivalent in 35mm format. Also, the 18-55mm features a lens construction of 11 elements in 8 groups and utilizes 6 diaphragm blades for natural out-of-focus areas.
20MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and PRIME M II Image Processor
SAFOX IXi+ Autofocus System
In-Camera Shake Reduction Image Stabilization
Full HD 1080p Video
smc PENTAX-DA L 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Lens
Other Camera Features
- A 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation.
- Pentax K lens mount enables the use of a wide variety of both past and present K-mount lenses as well as compatibility with a variety of lens mount adapters.
- Enhanced creative modes, scene modes, filters, and auto picture modes allow you to easily modify and adjust the overall aesthetic appearance of imagery in-camera.
- Eye-Fi and FLU memory card compatibility for wirelessly transferring imagery directly from the camera and adjusting settings remotely.
- Built-in pop-up flash with a guide no. of 32.8' at ISO 100 provides additional illumination for low-light settings and covers focal lengths as wide as 28mm.
- RAW image processing is available in camera in order to quickly and easily convert images an Internet-friendly JPEG file format.
- In-camera HDR shooting works to effectively expand the dynamic range of an image and achieve greater shadow and highlight detail.