The black Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera packs a full-featured interchangeable lens system into a sleek, compact magnesium alloy frame. It features a 16-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor to produce high-resolution images and Full HD 1080p video at 60 fps. The camera introduces a high-resolution electronic viewfinder to the GM series, enabling confident shot composition in a variety of environments. An integrated hot shoe is featured for using the included external flash unit, as well as other optional flashes. Built-in wireless capabilities enable the GM5 to be remotely controlled from a linked mobile device and also supports image transfer to devices using the Panasonic Image App.
A wide array of focusing technologies are implemented in the camera to ensure fast and accurate focusing. The smart Contrast AF system exchanges signals between camera and lens at a maximum of 240 fps (with compatible lenses); especially useful when using the camera's high-speed burst shooting at 5.8 fps in full 16MP resolution, and up to 40 fps in with the electronic shutter. You'll also find convenient focusing technologies such as Face/Eye Detection AF, Low Light AF for focusing in dimly-lit (-4 EV) conditions, and Focus Peaking when focusing manually.
Included with the GM5 is the versatile Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. lens; a standard zoom providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-64mm. Its retractable design meshes well with the small form-factor of the camera and the inclusion of MEGA O.I.S. image stabilization benefits working with longer shutter speeds and in low-light conditions.
By exchanging digital signals between camera and lens at a maximum of 240 fps, the smart Contrast AF system is both fast and accurate. The GM5 also delivers high-speed burst shooting at 5.8 fps in 16-megapixel resolution, and a maximum of 40 fps with the electronic shutter.
Eye Sensor AF
Image output between the viewfinder and rear monitor is automatically switched by an integrated eye sensor. This same sensor also accommodates the Eye Sensor AF, which starts auto-focusing automatically by simply looking into the LVF, helping prevent missed shooting opportunities.
Low Light AF
Thanks to its low light AF ability, the camera is designed to focus on subjects in -4EV situations, such as shooting outdoors at night.
Face/Eye Detection AF
In additional to conventional Face Recognition AF, the Face/Eye Detection AF automatically adjusts the focus precisely on a subject's face or eye.
This feature incrementally sets magnification from 3x to 10x in 0.1x steps. This is ideal for precision focusing on a desired part of your frame, such as a flower or the pupil of an eye.
- External flash hot shoe enables the use of the included flash, which features a guide number of 23' at ISO 100
- Durable magnesium alloy body
- Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, Sunshine
- Photo Style: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Language support: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese (Traditional)