Championing a multimedia approach to photography, Nikon's D750 DSLR is an FX-format camera well-suited to both still imaging and video recording. Featuring a 24.3MP CMOS sensor, along with the EXPEED 4 image processor, this camera is capable of producing high-resolution imagery with smooth color gradations, low noise, and sensitivity to an expandable ISO 51200, at a continuous shooting rate of up to 6.5 fps. In regard to video recording, Full HD 1080p/60 is supported, along with the ability to record uncompressed video to an optional external recorder. Working from high and low angles is possible due to the tilting 3.2" 1,229k-dot LCD monitor or, for remote shooting, the D750 also features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Designed for the contemporary image-maker, this DSLR is poised to benefit still photographers and videographers alike with the versatility and performance to match any working situation.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities of the D750, an equally apt 51-point AF system, with 15 cross-type points, is available and can be configured to utilize five AF points as a single focusing point in the Group Area AF setting for heightened initial subject recognition. The 3D Color Matrix Metering III system, along with the 91,000-pixel RGB sensor, also benefits the focusing abilities as well as provides accurate exposure metering to suit a vast array of subjects and lighting conditions. Furthermore, benefitting creative applications, the D750 supports in-camera creation of time-lapse movies with automated exposure smoothing, and a range of Picture Control profiles can be applied to refine the color and tonal handling of imagery.
24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor
Full HD Video Recording
Recording to an optional external recorder is possible in order to gain uncompressed 4:2:2 8-bit output through the HDMI port and, when recording externally, use of the camera's LCD monitor for live view monitoring is possible. Power aperture control is supported during external recording, too, as well as when recording to internal memory cards. Simultaneous recording to both memory cards and an external recording device is possible for instant backup and duplication of files, and 2MP 16:9 still images can also be recorded simultaneously during video recording. In-camera video trimming is possible as well, along with the ability to select the movie's saving destination.
In regard to audio recording, an in-camera stereo microphone can be used or, alternatively, an input is available for utilizing an optional external stereo microphone. Sound levels can be adjusted across 20 levels prior to and during recording, along with the ability to monitor audio via the headphone output.
51-Point Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX II AF Sensor
For even faster initial focusing and subject recognition, five AF sensors can be used together as a single focus point with the Group Area AF setting. Furthermore, Single-point AF, Dynamic-area AF (with 9, 21, or 51 points selectable), 3D-tracking (using all 51 points), and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects. Four distinct AF-area modes are available when using the contrast-detection focusing method: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
Camera Design Features
- A large 3.2" 1,229k-dot LCD monitor is incorporated into the D750's design, and features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low angles. Additionally, the screen features an RGBW color array to enhance visibility in bright conditions, and can be custom color balanced to match additional external monitors.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and incorporates an organic EL display system to clearly display shooting information for seamless adjustment over camera settings without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
- A built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination to scenes and can also be used as a flash commander to wirelessly communicate with other Nikon CLS-compatible Speedlights. Additionally, a hot shoe is available for utilizing optional external flashes.
- Dual SD card slots are available to extend file saving capabilities by permitting either overflow recording or in-camera file duplicating. Additionally, optional HDMI-connected external recorders are supported for recording uncompressed video and time lapse sequences.
- A unique monocoque body design helps to lessen the overall weight and size of the camera for more comfortable use during long shooting sessions. The front of the camera and front cover are constructed from carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastics, and the rear and top covers are magnesium alloy to present a well-balanced mixture of both durability and sleekness.
- The included EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides up to approximately 1230 shots or up to 55 minutes of recording per charge (based on CIPA standards).
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Communications protocols: 802.11b - DSSS/CCK; 802.11g - OFDM
- Operating frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channels 1 to 11)
- Range (line of sight): Approx. 98.4' / 30m (assumes no interference; range may vary with interference)
- Data rate: 54 Mbps (maximum logical data rates)
- Security: Authentication - Open system, WPA2-PSK; Encryption - AES
- Wireless setup: Supports WPS
- Access protocols: Infrastructure
For faster wireless performance, the D750 is also compatible with the optional WT-5A Wireless Transmitter and UT-1 Communication Unit, which can transmit image files via FTP.
Other Camera Features
- Pairing video and still imaging capabilities, in-camera time lapse shooting is possible using the built-in intervalometer to record up to 9999 consecutive exposures at variable intervals. Exposure smoothing can also be applied to groups of sequentially-recorded images in order to produce a naturally-appearing time lapse straight from the camera.
- Dedicated Photo Shooting and Movie Shooting menus aid in easily accessing dedicated settings and controls depending on the medium you are working with
- Special Effects modes can be applied to both still and video files for in-camera creative enhancement.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, Flat, and user-customizable settings.
- Special Effects modes allow you to creatively enhance imagery in-camera: Night Vision, Color Sketch, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- A range of scene modes can be employed to base exposure settings on pre-defined, detected scene types: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food. Playback functions: Auto Image Rotation, Full-Frame and Thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar), Highlights, Histogram Display, Image Comment , Movie Playback, Movie Slideshow, Playback with Zoom, and Slideshow.
- In-camera image editing: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.