Designed as a camera that is at home on productions as diverse as "Cinéma Vérité"-style documentaries, reality TV, commercial and corporate applications Sony's PXW-FS7 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System is a flexible 4K camera system. It features a Super 35mm size sensor that allows you to capture images with cinematic depth of field. The camera's E-mount is machined from stainless steel and allows you to use E-mount lenses or with the use of optional adapters to accept most 35mm lenses including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon. The camera can capture footage to optional on-board XQD media cards in either DCI (4096 x 2160), UHD (3840 x 2160) at up to 60 FPS or HD at up to 180 FPS.
The camera records in your choice of XAVC-I, XAVC-L, or MPEG-2. However, MPEG-2 recording does not support the high data rates the camera is capable of generating when shooting in UHD, and is limited to recording HD video only. The camera incorporates Dual XQD media card slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. An ergonomically designed handgrip provides control of many of the camera's functions and features an adjustable length support arm.
XQD-G-E Card Firmware
- 1.Expands audio recording to four channels audio at 24-bit, 48 KHz.
- 2.Supports DCI compliant 4096 x 2160 XAVC-Intra-frame recording up to 60 fps.
- 3.Adds HD Apple ProRes codecs to enable progressive and interlaced HQ and 422 recording.
- 4.Eliminates "Magenta Cast" in WB preset mode.
- 5.Renames "Color Temp
" menu parameter to "Preset White"
- 6.Eliminates need to re-enable "Steady Shot" after power ON/OFF cycle.
- 7.Retains "Paint Menu" settings after power OFF/ON cycle.