Embracing high quality imaging and compact forms, Leica's X (Typ 113) Digital Camera packs in a large 16.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and marries it to a Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens that will provide users with spectacular images and an equivalent field of view to the iconic 35mm frame. The camera also shows off Leica's brilliant Made in Germany design with a sleek black body with a black leather trim. Furthering the camera's capabilities is a physical control ring located on the lens barrel, offering tactile manual focusing during shooting. The wide f/1.7 aperture then adds more creative possibilities by allowing photographer's to take control of their depth-of-field and take in more light for low-light shooting.
Merging a variety of different technologies, this camera is able to capture remarkable stills at up to 5 fps in the raw DNG file format as well as Full HD 1080p video at up to 20 fps. On top of this, it can utilize sensitivities of up to ISO 12500 for sharp, clear photos in less-than-ideal lighting conditions. In addition to manual focus, this camera does come equipped with an 11-point AF system that will quickly and accurately lock onto your subjects.
Composing and reviewing images is done via the rear 3.0" 920k-dot TFT LCD screen. This display has a wide viewing angle and 100% coverage so shooters will know exactly what they are going to capture and will not be misled when shooting at angles. Users can also pick up an optional optical or electronic viewfinder to further their comfort during use.
The camera records images and video to an SD, SDHC, or SDXC card. Also, the compact lightweight magnesium and aluminum body is reminiscent of their classic M rangefinders.
- Color settings Standard, Dynamic, Natural, B&W Natural, and B&W High Contrast are available for creating ready-to-go JPEG files for sharing and viewing.
- Manual exposure control is available along with full auto and aperture priority so everyone from beginners to experienced professionals can get started shooting.
- A built-in flash and hot shoe are available for adding some light to your scene.
- Exposure compensation from -3 to +3 in 1/3 stop increments.
- Optional optical and electronic viewfinders are available for more natural viewing.
- Records images to SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards.