The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Quadcopter Elite Edition with Jungle graphics is a remote controlled, four-propeller quadcopter with an integrated HD 1280 x 720p camera that supports video and still image capture while in flight. The AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition includes a lighter outdoor hull for optimal performance as well as an indoor hull that features prop guards. The AR.FreeFlight Control App allows you to use your iOS or Android mobile device to operate the aircraft from the ground as well as capture video and still photos. The device has built-in Wi-Fi to facilitate connection to your smartphone or mobile device, which provides a wireless range of up to 165' depending on conditions. You can use a joystick on your mobile device touchscreen or you can simply tilt and turn your mobile device to control the quadcopter.
The camera footage can be streamed directly to your mobile device using Wi-Fi for low resolution recording, can be recorded in full quality by inserting a USB flash drive or the Parrot Flight Recorder directly into the AR.Drone for onboard, in-flight recording. The AR.Drone 2.0's other notable features include an autopilot system, access to the AR.Drone Academy, multiple sensors for smooth flying and stability in the air, an onboard 1 GHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU running Linux, and support for acrobatic maneuvers including flips and barrel rolls. The AR.Drone 2.0 is also compatible with other apps including Director Mode, AR.Race 2, AR.Rescue 2 and Astro Drone.
Note: Please address all technical issues directly to Parrot. Contact technical support by phone at 877-9Parrot (877-972-7768).
Mobile Device Operated
- Joypad Mode (ON): Mobile device touchscreen joystick for control
- Joypad Mode (OFF): Tilt mobile device for control
- Absolute Control Mode: Lets you activate absolute reference control mode
Integrated Flight Camera
Body Shell and Airframe Construction
Built-in ARM CPU
- 1 GHz, 32-bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800 MHz video DSP (TMS320DMC64x)
- 1 Gb DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- Wi-Fi with b/g/n support\
Flight Data Sensors
- 3-axis accelerometer with +/- 50mg precision
- 3-axis gyroscope with 2000°/second precision
- Pressure sensor with +/- 10 Pa precision (2.6' at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer with 6° precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement