The Nomad 20 Solar Panel from Goal Zero is a solar panel for charging Goal Zero Sherpa 50/100 Power Packs, Yeti 150/400 Solar Generators, and compatible USB and 12V devices like cellphones, GPS, and iPods. It features monocrystalline silicon cells capable of producing 20W of electrical power with an open circuit voltage from 18 to 22 Volts. The cells of the solar panel are made of monocrystalline silicon which provides a higher conversion efficiency rates than polycrystalline silicon because it is made out of the higher-grade material. At the back of the panel, you will find output power hub with four pig-tailed connectors: a standard power USB output, a 2.5 mm Mini Solar Port, a female-type 8 mm blue-coded Solar Port, and a male-type 8 mm blue-coded Solar Port. The USB and Mini Solar ports have built-in regulators to provide constant power outputs. While the male-type 8 mm blue-coded Solar Port provides an open circuit voltage of 18-22V and can be used for charging select devices, the female-type 8 mm Solar Port can only be used for in series connection with a maximum of three other Nomad 20 Panels. These four units connected in series may be used when a high total output power or a significant reduction in charging times are needed.
To protect the solar cells from elements, dust and mechanical damage, this panel is outfitted with tempered glass windows. The nylon exterior reduces overall weight and adds flexibility for folding and unfolding the three section of the panel. To keep the panel tightly folded for transporting and storage, there are built in permanent magnets around the frame. If you have extra cables and accessories to connect and carry around with your solar panel, there is a large flap with zipper in the back, which forms a large accessories pouch. Additionally, there are eleven nylon loops around the perimeter of entire solar panel and one on its closure to allow options for a secure attachment in a variety of settings. The Nomad 20 has a weather proof construction and includes a female-type 12V adapter.
- Compatible with Goal Zero Sherpa 50/100, and Yeti 150/400
- Can be used to charge directly USB and 12V devices like cellphones, GPS, and iPods
- Monocrystaline silicon solar cell type offers higher efficiency
- Up to four Nomad 20 panels can be connected in series to increase output power or reduce generator charging time
- Three pig-tailed power output connectors and one port for series connectivity with three other panels maximum
- Built-in charger regulators in USB and 2.5 mm Solar Mini Port prevents overcharging
- Open circuit voltage: 18-22V
- Rated power: 20W
- Nylon casing provides flexibility for folding and unfolding, reduces weight and provides attachment options
- Built-in magnets hold the three sections in folded configuration without zippers or hook & loop fasteners and allow a quick set-up
- Eleven perimeter and one closure nylon attachment loops provide options for securing the panel
- Large rear pocket with zipper lock provides a compartment for cables and accessories
- Tempered glass protects the solar cell from moisture, dust, elements and mechanical damage