For filmmaking, television, and web broadcast applications, the TASCAM DR-60DmkII multitrack field recorder is an ideal companion for your DSLR. Capture up to four tracks of high-resolution audio from external sources, route audio to and from your camera, and conveniently monitor through headphones. With strap-friendly handles, a tripod mounting socket, and a camera-mount screw attachment, the DR-60DmkII is compatible with a variety of setups and working styles.
Versatile powering methods and remote-control options make the DR-60DmkII ideal for location recording and extended video shoots. Its two balanced XLR-1/4" combo inputs handle mic- or line-level signals (even +4 dBu from high-end sound mixers) and can independently supply phantom power. A 3.5mm mic/line input with selectable plug-in power is provided for situations that require you to record a lavalier microphone or the output of a wireless receiver. Utilize modes such as stereo safety track recording, peak reduction, limiting, and auto level to achieve a clean, undistorted recording.
The DR-60DmkII can be placed between a DSLR camera and a tripod, or mounted to a cage or follow-focus rig. A tripod socket is on the bottom of the unit, and a removable tripod bracket is mounted on the top. Also, handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen, and permit the attachment of a shoulder belt.
Mitigate wind noise and low-frequency rumble by selecting the low-cut filter, which can be set at 40, 80, or 120 Hz. Upon playback, treble, mid, and bass frequencies may be boosted or reduced for custom output tone.
- 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- Quick menu button for easy access to various functions
- Simple, efficient file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to a computer
- Adjustable delay function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Hold switch prevents accidental operation
- Internal mixer with pan and level controls
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- High-power headphone amplifier delivers 50mW per channel
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- File divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-60DmkII is powered off/on
- Jump-back-and-play feature (1 to 10 seconds or 10/20/30 seconds)
- Up to 99 marks (locate points) per track
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely