Spatial Audio Designer (SAD) Film Stage from New Audio Technology provides professionals working in 2D surround and 3D audio environments a tool covering both these aspects of audio content creation. Suitable for music, film, games, sound design and multimedia applications, the plug-in enables the mixing and monitoring of any surround or 3D format with speakers or standard headphones on any DAW.
Host DAW bus structures are commonly limited to eight channels meaning that larger surround formats are problematic. SAD on the other hand works independently of the host bus structure, allowing for working with all current and future audio formats, including stereo, 5.1, 7.1, 11.1 and 13.1. If no appropriate loudspeaker system is available, the software provides a flexible and personally adjustable Headphone Surround 3D speaker virtualization for use with standard headphones.
The plug-in can import panning and volume automation data, meaning an existing multi-channel 5.1 mix session is just minutes away from being a discrete 7.1 mix, and maybe a day for evolving into a 13.1 Auro-3D mix for cinema, home or mobile entertainment application. For exhibition and event applications, the SAD is also available in special configurations to mix on format independent speaker arrays.
Additionally, the Headphone Surround 3D technology opens the door to a new dimension of audio production with format independent mixes using multiple speaker arrays set up in all three dimensions, at different distances and locations, with mixes created in parallel or a single mix. The Film Stage version allows for up to eight seats to be simultaneously licensed.
- Plug-in for any professional application such as music, film, games, sound design and multimedia
- Mixing and monitoring with real speakers and common headphones
- All common 2D audio formats like stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 available
- Current and future 3D formats like IMAX, 2+2+2+2, Auro-3D and 22.2 supported
- Unlimited amount of sources usable
- Independent of the host bus structure
- Import of DAW automation data
- Custom made applications on demand for presentations and special venues
- Support of the Eucon protocol for hardware controller access
- Supports 32-/64-bit DAWs
- System or USB stick licensing
- 44.1, 48, 88.2 kHz sampling rates - higher possible but not guaranteed and dependent on host DAW, operating system and general system
- Pro Tools 9 (Mac) and 10 (Mac/Windows)
- Ableton Live 8 (Audio Units)
- Studio One (Audio Units)
- Studio One
- Ableton Live 8
- Cakewalk SONAR X2