Swarovski's 25-50x80 STR 80 Spotting Scope combines a powerful and versatile 25-50x zoom capability with an illuminated reticle to give you an ideal spotter for use at the range or on the trail to estimate distances or the size of objects. With an 80mm objective lens and multiple lens coatings, the scope produces images that are bright, clear, and distortion-free across the entire field of view with faithful color fidelity even in low-light conditions. The Porro prism design provides an enhanced depth of view that offers the user an immersive visual experience.
To expand the usability of the STR 80 is an illuminated ranging reticle. This duplex reticle has stadia markings set at 0.10th MRAD on the horizontal and vertical axes, with additional ranging markings on the lower left and right quadrants. The reticle is set on the front focal plane, so no matter what magnification the scope is set at, the ranging markings are accurate. There are 15 brightness settings for use at night or in full daylight. If the reticle is not needed, it can be turned off to completely remove it from sight.
Designed for a long life outdoors, the scope features a lightweight magnesium housing that is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be fogproof and submersible to 13'. It can be used with most tripods, equipped with both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounts and a rotating tripod collar. A large focusing ring enables comfortable and precise focusing in all weather, with or without gloves. Its tethered objective lens cover ensures it won't get lost and is always at the ready when you need it.
- 25-50x magnification zoom eyepiece
- 80mm objective lens
- Porro prism optical path
- 460mm focal length
- SWAROTOP: Anti-reflective multi-coating enhances light transmission
- SWAROCLEAN: Non-stick proprietary external coating makes cleaning/removing dried-on mineral residue, insect repellent, and tree resin easier
- 126-81' field of view at 1000 yd
- 70-60° angular apparent field of view
- Placed on First Focal Plane
- Ranging duplex-style with 0.10th MRAD increments on all axes
- Ranging stadia on lower left and right quadrants
- Illuminated reticle runs for 1300 hours on a single CR123 battery
- Fifteen brightness levels: 10 for daylight, 5 for night
Use and Handling
- Straight viewing enables fast subject acquisition and tracking
- Wide ribbed fast-focus collar
- Reticle can be completely removed from sight for use as a regular spotter
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mounting
- Rotating tripod collar
- Tethered flip-down objective lens cap
- Lightweight and durable magnesium housing
- Nitrogen filled to be fogproof and submersible to 13'
- SWARODUR exterior lens coating beads oils and water and protects from scratches and abrasions
- Broad operating temperature of -40 to 158°F