The Avid S3 is a compact, sixteen-channel, EUCON-enabled, ergonomic desktop control surface with a built-in audio interface that offers a streamlined yet versatile recording and mixing solution for the modern sound engineer. It delivers intelligent control over every aspect of Pro Tools and other popular software such as Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Media Composer, Reason, Cubase, and more.
While the S3's small form factor makes it ideal for space-confined or on-the-go music and post mixing, it packs in enough power and accelerated mixing efficiency for faster turnarounds in project studios or large facilities alike.
The S3 puts tightly integrated recording, editing, and mixing control at your fingertips. Its core functionality revolves around sixteen channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive motorized 100mm fader, two touch-sensitive rotary encoder, two high-resolution OLED display, and dedicated function keys for solo, mute, record enable, select, and more.
If your system is Mac-based, there is no need to use a separate audio interface to record and monitor sessions. The S3 features a built-in 4-input, 6-output AVB Core Audio interface that easily integrates with your studio. You can record vocals and instrument performances through two high-quality XLR mic/line inputs and two 1/4" TRS line inputs. Connect studio speakers, headphones, and other gear to four line outputs and one stereo headphone output.
Accelerate Your Workflow
- The S3 offers a traditional console layout, ensuring highly intuitive operation regardless of your experience level.
- From interacting with tracks and editing plug-ins, to writing automation, you get the tactile control you need to create better mixes faster (with much more precision than working with a keyboard and mouse).
- Because the S3 is application-aware, you can control multiple workstations and seamlessly switch between different DAW sessions in seconds.
- Create up to 12 custom mixer layouts and recall them to the surface at any time, ideal for mixing drums, vocals, dialog, sound effects, and other groupings.
- The unit is also compatible with Mackie Control/HUI.
Pro-Level Hands-On Control
- 16 channel strips, each with a 100mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal-level meter
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator.
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation-enable keys on every channel.
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls.
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control.
- Extend your mixing capabilities by pairing the S3 with Avid Dock and/or the free Avid Control app (both available separately) on a mobile device to gain full monitor-control capabilities, touchscreen workflows, and customizable soft keys, transport control, a shuttle/jog wheel, focus fader, and more.
View Your Mix in Great Detail
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays enable you to clearly view track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more. This visual feedback gives you deep insight into your mix to make better-informed creative decisions.
Navigate Sessions More Easily
- When using the S3 with Pro Tools, the surface fully supports ICON-favorite Scroll to Track and Scroll into View features, making it easy to scroll through Pro Tools windows and banks, using your control surface accordingly to get to the tracks you need faster.
Plug In, Record and Monitor Sessions
- The built-in 4x6 AVB Core Audio interface features two balanced mic/line inputs, two balanced line inputs, four balanced line outputs for connecting studio monitors, and a stereo headphone output.
- This allows you to record, mix, and monitor sessions using just the surface and a laptop.
- Audio can be monitored using the control surface in standalone mode with no additional audio interface required.
- Note that the audio interface is Mac-compatible only.
Supported EUCON-Enabled Applications
- Avid Pro Tools
- Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer
- Avid Media Composer | Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer | Enterprise
- Avid XMON EUCON
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere
- Apple Logic Pro
- Digital Audio Denmark DADman
- Harrison Mixbus
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Magix Samplitude
- Magix Sequoia
- Merging Technologies Pyramix
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Trinnov Audio D-MON
Supported Mackie Control / HUI-Enabled Applications
- Ableton Live
- Cockos REAPER
- Propellerhead Reason