For filmmaking, television, and web broadcast applications where you want to record direct sound and ambience, the TASCAM DR-70D multi-track field recorder is an ideal companion for your DSLR. Capture up to four tracks of high-resolution audio from external sources and the onboard omnidirectional microphones, route audio to and from your camera, and conveniently monitor through headphones. With strap-friendly handles, a tripod mounting socket, and a camera-mount screw attachment, the DR-70D is compatible with a variety of setups and working styles.
Versatile powering methods and remote-control options make the DR-70D ideal for location recording and extended video shoots. Its four balanced XLR-1/4" combo inputs handle mic- or line-level signals (even +4 dBu from high-end sound mixers) and can independently supply phantom power. A 3.5mm mic/line input with selectable plug-in power is provided for situations that require you to record a lavalier microphone or the output of a wireless receiver. Utilize settings such as stereo safety track recording, limiting, and low-cut filtering to achieve a clean, undistorted recording.
- Angled 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight for easy viewing
- Simple, efficient file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to a computer
- Adjustable delay function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Hold switch prevents accidental operation
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-70D is powered off/on
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely