Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 11am Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
The FRS-3901 from Miranda is a highly integrated module for the Miranda Densité 3 frame. It offers frame synchronization and video/audio processing, including color correction and delay, for 3G, HD and SD signals in 3G/HD/SD hybrid plants. It features an advanced embedded audio processor which can simultaneously process up to 32 channels of audio (16 channels of embedded audio from the video plus others generated internally).
This card requires an associated rear connector panel, sold separately, for installation into the Densité 3 frame. Three different rear connector panels are available: the FRS-3901-3SRP single-slot-width panel, the FRS-3901-3SRP-R single-slot-width panel with integral bypass relay, and the FRS-3901-3SRP-F single-slot-width panel with fiber I/O.
Functions include downmixing, proc amp, channel shuffling and mixing. Options include automatic loudness control (ALC), dynamic processing (limiter, compressor and expander) and loudness measurement. The new loudness measurement option allows the measurement and logging of up to four audio programs with iControl loudness monitoring software to analyze and report compliance with respect to various loudness regulations around the world.
The FRS-3901 will pass and delay automatically all 32 internal audio channels to preserve lip sync between the channels. Each channel can be delayed independently to correct any lip sync issues. All audio channels can be mixed and shuffled to provide 16 channels for embedding in the video output.
- 3G/HD/SD frame synchronizer, delay and line sync
- Supports 3 Gb/s level A (mapping 1) and level B
- Flexible HD/SD/URS reference input
- Video delay up to 15 frames
- Audio/video de-glitcher to handle video hot switch at the input
- Automatic detection of input video loss and switchover to local grey for continuity of embedded audio
- Built-in proc amp with YUV/RGB color correction
- Bypass relay with FRS-3901-3SRP-R rear module
- Optional optical fiber module I/O with FRS-3901-3SRP-F rear
- Compatible with iControl end-to-end A/V fingerprint analyzer for lip sync error detection and measurement
- Full audio shuffling and mixing on a channel basis
- 32 channels internal audio processing
- Audio 5.1 surround downmix to Lt/Rt or Lo/Ro
- Optional on-board automatic loudness control with Grass Valley Wideband processing
- Optional loudness measurement of up to 4 audio programs and logging with iControl
- Loudness compliant to EBU R128, ATSC A/85 and ARIB TR-B32 (up to ITU-R BS.1770-3)
- Audio dynamic processor option (compressor/limiter/expander)
- Automation capabilities based on audio signal type detection
- Audio delay adjustments of up to 2 seconds to compensate for lip sync issues
- On-board socket for 1 optional module expansion: Dolby E and Dolby Digital decoder, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus encoder, Dolby E encoder, Linear Acoustic upMAX,
Linear Acoustic AEROMAX automatic loudness control
- AFD (SMPTE-2016), VLI (RP-186) and WSS insertion
- Audio metadata insertion and extraction (SMPTE 2020-A)
- RS-422 serial data input and output to carry audio metadata
- 3 GPI inputs and outputs that can be inserted or extracted in the timecode user bits (They can also be used for automation, user preset recall and loudness reset)
In the Box
Miranda 3G/HD/SD Frame Synchronizer Card with Embedded Audio Processor