Orders placed after 4PM on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders placed after 11AM Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
Faster shipping methods may be available; just upgrade during checkout.
*Some exclusions apply.
Enjoy Extended Returns thru Feb 1, 2017!
You have until Feb 1, 2017 to return or exchange items purchased between Nov 1, 2016 and Jan 1, 2017. All other standard return policy conditions apply.
Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time.
Designed for multi-format video/audio over IP in television facilities, the SME-1901 from Miranda is a compact H.264 streaming encoder with a 3G/HD/SD SDI input and 1x6 SDI distribution amplifier. It is compatible with the Miranda Densité 3 Frame (sold separately), which supports up to 20 units.
Two high profile H.264 streams are generated simultaneously from the SDI input. The main high-resolution stream is ideal for in-house IPTV applications while the low-resolution proxy targets streaming and display within a control system network. Both streams are full frame rate and provide high-efficiency compression.
The SME-1901 operates with a wide range of decoders, and offers exceptional space and power efficiency with up to 20 dual-stream encoders per frame. It is ideal for monitoring of core routers over IP, while also providing "fan-in" and "fan-out" distribution amplification.
- A space- and power-efficient design offers up to 20 streaming encoders per frame
- High-quality SDI distribution amplifier with up to six 3G/HD/SD outputs
- Highly robust performance with bypass relay protection (available with -R rears)
- Integrated fiber I/O using optional SFP module-
- Audio encoding of 2 channels of AAC or MPEG-1 Layer II
- Dolby Digital can be passed to the streaming output
- Effective management of embedded audio with: selection of 2 channel out of 16, and selection of 5.1 channel for downmix
- Comprehensive metadata detection includes timecode, closed caption (608, 708), AFD, WSS, and teletext
- H.264 high profile video encoding up to level 4.0 for optimized bandwidth utilization
- Full frame rate encoding, with encoded resolutions up to 1080i 59.94/50, including 720p 59.94/50 standards
- Flexible bandwidth management using fixed presets from 128x96 at 256 Kb/s to HD at 5 Mb/s
- Dual-resolution streaming allows simultaneous output of lower resolution proxy plus high-quality main stream
- Operates with wide range of decoders, including STBs, PC clients, and Grass Valley's iControl facility monitoring and Kaleido-IP multi-viewers
- Supports streaming of MPEG-TS over unicast or multicast using RTP/UDP
In the Box
Miranda SME-1901 Monitoring Streaming Media Encoder and DA
Limited 2-Year Warranty
Table of Contents
3G/HD/SD-SDI SMPTE 424M, 292M, and 259M-C compliant
Supported Data Rates:
270, 1483.5, 1485, 2967, 2970 Mb/s
Cable Length (Belden 1694A):
3G: 360 ft (110 m) at 3 Gb/s
HD: 656 ft (200 m) at 1.5 Gb/s
SD: 1,312 ft (400 m) at 270 Mb/s
> 15 dB for up to 1.5 GHz
> 10 dB from 1.5 to 3 GHz