The Synthesizer Bundle from XILS-Lab includes the company's XILS 4, Oxium, PolyKB and Syn'X synthesizer plug-ins. The virtual synthesizers can be opened in your host music application in 32 or 64 bits on Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later in VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Protools 7.0 or later), and AAX (32 & 64 bits, native) formats. On a PC, the synthesizers can be opened in Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 as VST, RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later), and AAX (32 & 64 bits, native) formats.
XILS-LAB XILS 4 - Ultimate Analog Matrix Modular Virtual Synthesizer Plug-In (Download)
XILS 4 by XILS-Lab is a virtual analog modular synthesizer plug-in that emulates a prototype EMS VCS4 synthesizer, which was based on two integrated interlinked, and interacting VCS 3 (Synthi) cores. These cores are coupled with a 256 analog polysequencer as well as a collection of envelopes, LFOs, S&H, a Voltage Processor, a pitch tracker, transient control, an analog chorus with three modes, a delay, a phaser, a spring reverb, and more.
The modular design allows you to achieve more than 1140 possible different connections per patch. More specifically, the synthesizer features 12 aliasing free oscillators grouped in six pairs with WaveShaping, 3*2 hard synchronization modes, +2 additional noise oscillators. It also features two analog multimode filters with non linear and zero delay behaviors and three modes (12/18/24 dB). Four trapezoidal looping envelope generators can be switched to standard ADSR mode and five polyphonic LFOs including a four oscillator LFO that can act at audio rate. A polyphonic ring modulator and a VCA engine further expand the synthesizer's versatility.
The unit can be set to cascade mode wherein synthesizer one can feed the input of synthesizer two's engine. Four independent outputs can be set to feed the stereo bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter. It also includes two programmable joystick vector controllers with up to 32+32 modulation targets and the polyphonic sequencer features three independent lines, slew rates, and three recording modes. The sequencer itself can also behave as a modulation source.
Up to six play modes (including unison 2/4/6) are possible such as polyphonic and mono portamento/glissando/legato as well as two different keyboard scaling, polyphonic aftertouch, and VCA handling. The synthesizer includes nearly 700 presets made by world famous sound designers including the XILS 3 Factory library which are organized by a preset database engine with the option of creating your own tags. More than 100 parameters can be mapped to a MIDI controller.
The synthesizer is a software plug-in that works within a host application on Mac OSX 10.3.9 or later in VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (Pro Tools 7.0 or later), and AAX (32 and 64 bits, native) formats. It also works on Windows XP, Vista, and 7 machines in VST, RTAS (Pro Tools 7.0 or later), AAX (32 and 64 bits, native) formats.
XILS-LAB Oxium - Virtual Synthesizer Plug-In (Download)
Oxium from XILS-Lab is a performance oriented synthesizer that offers classic analog sounds combined with modern tones, all of which are highly editable with real time and extensive modulation capabilities. The simple and intuitive user interface allows the instrument to be fast and easy to operate. The software uses a serial number authorization.
What's New in Version 1.5
- More than ten new modulation targets
- Both mixer's global levels, as well as the levels of all oscillator and noise sources in each mixer added
- Filter morphing, envelope or LFO controlled specific components blended in a flexible way
- Masks have their own simple envelopes, and the segments of these envelopes have been added as modulation targets
- Fifty-nine modulation targets available in the modulation matrix and the musical gestures modulation pages
- Masks handling functions include multi-selection and multi-editing of the masks, as well as selecting of any continuous or discontinuous masks to edit them simultaneously
- Three easy toggles buttons added for to performing selections - select all, select odd or select even
- Improved mask locator handling
- GUI has been slightly modified
- Filter Block has been redesigned, and is now easy to locate and identify, with two new labels for the main and secondary filters
- Glide/portamento block has improved mouse handling
- More than fifty new presets have been added to the factory library
- Use up to eight oscillator wave forms per patch and shape them with a double filter structure
- Main unit uses a third generation, zero-delay feedback filter with self-oscillation in each mode
- Second filter offers a vocal formant mode in addition to high-, band-, and low-pass modes
- In addition to the cumulative waveforms LFO there are three D-ADSR envelopes
- Le Masque modulator adds many features including sixteen freely drawable zones, horizontal and vertical quantize modes, two level parameters, and the ability to save, load, and exchange patterns
- Interface is based on a "Flower" design and the IVF (Instant Visual Feedback) concept which means being able to understand the structure of a whole block with a simple glance
- All modulations are handled in a central page, with additional easy knobs and usual musical gestures per patch
- Serial protection means no need for a hardware dongle or challenge response
- Two adjustable skins
XILS-LAB PolyKB - Virtual Synthesizer Plug-In (Download)
The PolyKB from XILS-Lab captures the sound and spirit of the legendary and rare RSF PolyKobol analog synthesizer. Only thirty were ever built and the instrument features two continuous morphing oscillators which can be modulated by many sources. Three different modulation matrix tools, including a Polyphonic Modulation YX pad (DynaMYX) allows for each note played to be unique.
The stereo scene can be controlled by the unison mode combined with the DynaMYX pad. An eight-part polyphonic sequencer features live recording, velocity editing, and a sophisticated step play mode, useful for live chord pattern playing.
XILS-LAB Syn'X - Virtual Synthesizer Plug-In (Download)
Syn'X from XILS-Lab is a virtual instrument inspired by a famous and legendary vintage analog polyphonic synthesizer from the 1980s. The emulation provides two oscillators that are capable of generating multiple waveforms and a single, self oscillating multimode filter. Four envelopes provide the standard attack, decay, sustain, release points, along with a MIDI synced delay step.
Two standard polyphonic LFOs can modulate the oscillator pitch and width, the filter frequency, and the amplifier level, and can also be used as a source in the modulation matrix. Frequency can be synced to the host application tempo, and modulation can also be reset from the keyboard with free running and fade in functions available.
Chaox is a special LFO that calculates in 2D space the movement of a point with each of the two axes modulating any of the 132 available destinations. The Rhythm LFO is used for rhythmic effects with five modulations available, with each one assignable to any of the destinations. The instrument offers two MIDI keyboards suitable for split and layered instruments, and a special Guitar mode.