Full-Frame Alpha Stabilized
Full-Frame Sensor, BIONZ X Processor, and Stabilization
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
Enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
Full HD and XAVC S Format
When recording internally, users will record video with a 4:2:0 sampling at 8-bit, however, to even further improve image quality the a7 II has clean HDMI output for use with an external recorder. This allows users to capture 4:2:2 uncompressed video and save in an edit-ready format.
Customizable Color Profiles and S-Log2 Gamma
Audio Input & Headphone Jack
Refined EVF, LCD, and Ergonomics
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED viewfinder offers a bright, clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear LCD now features a higher 1.2m-dot resolution along with a versatile tilting design that moves upward 107° and downward 41° for working from high and low angles.
- Featuring a larger, more refined grip shape, users will find the a7 II to have a more secure feel even when large lenses are mounted.
- Shutter release button has been reshaped and moved forward for a more natural shooting position and a decrease in camera shake.
- Button customization is available with the ability to assign any of 56 functions to any of the 10 customizable buttons for a more personalized setup.
Magnesium Alloy Construction and Robust Lens Mount
- Well-built design includes a magnesium alloy top cover, front cover, and internal structure and the lens mount has been redesigned with greater strength and rigidity for extra security when using larger or longer lenses.
- Improved weather sealing for greater dust and moisture resistance, providing more protection when shooting out in the elements.
- Optical filter on the sensor has an anti-static coating and there is an anti-dust mechanism to prevent dust from adhering to the sensor.