Sony a7 II Mirrorless Camera
Full-Frame Alpha Stabilized
Full-Frame Sensor, BIONZ X Processor, and Stabilization
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
Enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
Full HD and XAVC S Format
When recording internally, users will record video with a 4:2:0 sampling at 8-bit, however, to even further improve image quality the a7 II has clean HDMI output for use with an external recorder. This allows users to capture 4:2:2 uncompressed video and save in an edit-ready format.
Customizable Color Profiles and S-Log2 Gamma
Audio Input & Headphone Jack
Refined EVF, LCD, and Ergonomics
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED viewfinder offers a bright, clear means for eye-level viewing.
- Rear LCD now features a higher 1.2m-dot resolution along with a versatile tilting design that moves upward 107° and downward 41° for working from high and low angles.
- Featuring a larger, more refined grip shape, users will find the a7 II to have a more secure feel even when large lenses are mounted.
- Shutter release button has been reshaped and moved forward for a more natural shooting position and a decrease in camera shake.
- Button customization is available with the ability to assign any of 56 functions to any of the 10 customizable buttons for a more personalized setup.
Magnesium Alloy Construction and Robust Lens Mount
- Well-built design includes a magnesium alloy top cover, front cover, and internal structure and the lens mount has been redesigned with greater strength and rigidity for extra security when using larger or longer lenses.
- Improved weather sealing for greater dust and moisture resistance, providing more protection when shooting out in the elements.
- Optical filter on the sensor has an anti-static coating and there is an anti-dust mechanism to prevent dust from adhering to the sensor.
Wi-Fi and NFC
Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
A Versatile Standard
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus, Image Stabilization, and Design
- An internal focus mechanism and linear motor contribute to faster, more responsive system and easier handling.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.