Vixen Optics' BT126SS-A 126mm f/5 Telescope Binoculars feature achromatic glass lenses and two 1.25" eyepiece holders that allow the observer to equip the optic with a wide range of astronomy eyepieces and enjoy a unique celestial or terrestrial observing experience. The achromatic lenses combined with anti-reflection fully multicoated optics maximize light transmission while virtually eliminating chromatic and spherical aberration. Views through the telescope are bright and clear with true color rendition, and objects can be brought into sharp focus without comas or halos.
The binoculars' design with eyepieces set at a 45° angle makes long observation sessions comfortable. Viewing with both eyes open eliminates the fatigue normally associated with holding one eye closed, as with traditional telescopes; and the angled oculars are more comfortable, especially when the scope is aimed at or near the zenith. With both eyes open, true stereoscopic vision is maintained providing a rich depth of field rarely experienced during astronomy sessions. The dual optical tubes also enable the use of astrophotography/astroimaging equipment on one ocular while providing a perfectly-aligned guide scope. Views through the binoculars are corrected horizontally and vertically to enable their use as a powerful terrestrial observation platform as well. Each eyepiece is individually focused, providing superior clarity versus binoculars with center-focus systems.
- 126mm objective lenses
- 625mm focal length
- f/5.0 focal ratio
- Anti-reflective multicoated optics
- Binoculars' viewing increases depth of field while reducing eye fatigue
- Achromatic glass lens system limits or eliminates chromatic and spherical aberration to produce nearly perfectly rendered colors without comas or halos
- Uprght image viewing for celestial and terrestrial viewing
Use and Handling
- 1.25" eyepiece mounts accepts most astronomy eyepieces
- Push-fit eyepiece holders for fast and easy eyepiece changes
- Eyepiece assembly set at a 45° angle for more comfortable viewing, especially when aimed near or at the zenith
- Individual eyepiece focusing allows superior clarity for any viewer
- Integrated handle provides balanced handling when setting up and disassembling from tripod/mount, and secure carrying point
- Integrated finderscope dovetail bracket