Protect up to 100 lb of your rackmount equipment with the BlackBox 5U from Pelican, a double-ended 5 RU rackmount case with 10-32 steel threads. The case offers a steel frame, a recyled plastic construction, and a roto-molded design.
Edge casters are molded in to the lids to facilitate easy transportation, while a spring-loaded stainless steel handle, complemented by plastic comfort grip handles, help in moving the case. The BlackBox 5U provides a closed loop gasket and can handle equipment with a fragility rating of between 40 and 80 G. It comes with 10-32 threads designed to meet standard rack requirements. Cylindrical shock mounts are on hand to isolate the equipment from vibration and impact forces.
Case Features at a Glance
- Engineered racks provide a secure and mobile electronics enclosure
- Shock mounts provide 2" of sway space to isolate equipment
- Patented wide-design comfort-grip handle makes lifting easy
- Audio/video recording and processing systems
- Satellite communication systems
- Radio communication systems
- Seismic-data recording instrumentation
- Climate-data collection
- Medical or testing devices