Opticron's 8x32 Discovery WP PC Binoculars fuse image-enhancing optical technologies and ergonomic handling to create a compact mid-sized general-purpose set of glasses with bright and clear high-contrast images that can stand up to the elements. They feature anti-reflective fully multi-coated optics to maximize light transmission and enhance image contrast while minimizing light loss. Complementing the lens system are phase-corrected roof prisms that render lifelike colors and sharpness. Twist-up rubber eyecups and a long 17mm eye relief outfit the binoculars for a comfortable viewing experience even while wearing eyeglasses.
Complementing the optical performance is a light and durable ABS thermoplastic polymer housing that is highly resistant to impacts and corrosion. They are also temperature resistant, which limits excessive expansion and contraction in extreme temperatures that can cause the optics to move out of collimation over time. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to perform in extreme humidity and heavy rainfall without fogging. The build quality and optical performance, including a very close minimum focus distance of just 3.9', make the Discovery a full-featured optic for close to mid-range observations.
- 8x magnification
- 32mm objective lenses
- Phase-corrected roof prisms
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics
- Close focus distance of 3.9'
- Immersive wide-field eyepieces
- 393' field of view at 1000 yards
- 60° wide-angle apparent field of view
Use and Handling
- Large ribbed center focus wheel
- Single-hinge closed bridge configuration
- Right eye diopter adjustment
- Twist-up rubber eyecups
- 17mm long eye relief with 4mm exit pupil
- Impact-, corrosion-, temperature-resistant ABS thermoplastic polymer housing
- Nitrogen filled, water and fogproof
- One-piece ocular rainguard and tethered objective lens covers