The Creative Bundle from iZotope contains four music applications and six sound expansion libraries for creating music and a wide range of sound design. Iris 2 is a sample-based synthesizer that combines the power of a sampler with the flexibility of a modular synthesizer.
BreakTweaker is a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody. Four BreakTweaker expansion packs are included. Trash 2 excels at audio mangling, distortion, and sonic experimentation. Two expansion packs are included.
Stutter Edit comes with over thirty-five preset banks and over eight-hundred gestures for creating fills, effects, sweeps, and stutters.
iZotope Iris 2 Sample-Based Virtual Synthesizer (Download)
Available for download, Iris 2 from iZotope is a sample-based synthesizer that combines the power of a sampler with the flexibility of a modular synthesizer, along with spectral filtering. Load one of the hundreds of patches and easily experiment with the most relevant parameters via dedicated macro controls, or develop expressive, dynamic, and evolving musical sounds with the new modulation system.
Up to four different samples can be layered from the built-in collection of analog oscillator waveforms, the 11GB sample library, or using personal audio files. Unique filters can be created by drawing, selecting, and isolating sonic components from each sample layer using the company's spectral filtering technology. Access every control from a single window, or open only what's needed with a new user interface.
What's New in Version 2
- Flexible new modulation system
- New patches
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms
- Completely redesigned interface
- Enhanced effects and filters
- Hundreds of new patches by world-class sound designers, in categories like leads, keys, bass, rhythmic, and more
- 11GB sample library all provided as 24-bit WAV files for use in any sampler
- Generate sounds from dozens of classic analog oscillator samples or oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) available in all four sample pools
- Import custom audio files to craft one-of-a-kind sounds
- Spectrogram display shows the frequency content of audio and sonic details a traditional waveform display doesn't
- Draw custom filter shapes with the Spectral Filter and isolate specific frequencies to discover new sonic possibilities in the sample library
- Selection tools include a lasso for free-hand drawing of any size or shape, an adjustable brush for more fluid selections, and a magic wand for intelligent selection of harmonic regions
- Over 100 modulatable parameters using up to five LFOs, five envelopes, MIDI expression controllers and macro controls
- Advanced ADSR envelopes allow you to experiment with amplitude through adjustable curves, dragging nodes, invert mode, and modulation of all four parameters
- Morph and visualize shape changes with real-time animation with LFOs that contain twenty different wavetable types, each with multiple shapes and a modulatable control to move between them
- Attach MIDI expression controls like key tracking, velocity, aftertouch, and the mod wheel, and save assignments with patches
- Create Macro controls to control multiple parameters with a single knob in perfect proportions
Effects and Filters
- Six distortion filters like tube, clipping, and aliasing, taken straight from Trash 2
- Chorus effect inspired by a classic '80s synthesizer chorus with modern flexibility and controls
- Tempo-syncable stereo delay with an analog-modeled overdrive algorithm that crunches and darkens the delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal
- Modeled plate reverb tailored specifically for synthesizers, perfect for everything from subtle ambiences to cavernous pads
- Add smooth, sweeping sounds with seventeen different filter flavors, including classic analog low- and high-pass filters as well as exotic vocal formant, band-pass, and peak filters from Trash 2
- Completely redesigned interface with a choice of an all-in-one view, or hide/undock modules for a more streamlined view
- Macro Controls for easy customization of sounds via the Patch Browser as well as an undockable window that can always remain open
- See the effects of modulation and filters in real time for every modulated parameter
- Visualize spectral content with a spectrum analyzer from the Insight metering suite, included in the master section
- Intelligent zero crossing for seamless sample looping
iZotope BreakTweaker - Drum Sculpting and Beat Sequencing Virtual Instrument (Download)
BreakTweaker from iZotope is a virtual instrument for drum sculpting and beat sequencing, compatible with all modern major DAWs. Geared towards EDM producers, DJs, and composers, the software consists of three modules, the Sequencer, the Generator, and the MicroEdit Engine.
Assemble pattern-based beats in the sequencer, which features six tracks for layering sounds. The sequencer can store up to twenty-four different step patterns, triggered via MIDI for on-the-fly remixing. Isorhythmic step sequencing makes it possible for each track to have a unique tempo and step length.
The Generator is a drum synthesis module, featuring morphing wavetable synthesis, one-shot sample loading, and noise tables. Additional processing includes dual-stage distortions and vintage-modeled filters. Four LFOs with unique wavetable shapes and four envelopes provide extensive modulation possibilities for almost every single generator parameter. Every sequencer track supports up to three generators.
The MicroEdit Engine provides a different method of sound design. A "MicroEdit" is the division of a single step within a pattern into potentially thousands of slices. These slices can be contoured and shaped to create harmonic, pitched, and rhythmic effects. Each step can be repeated or chopped at an infinitesimally small rate.
A factory library comes with over eighty global presets that are ready for any project. It also features over 2 GB of royalty-free samples designed by electronic production professionals. Optional add-on expansion libraries suited to a variety of production styles are also available.
- Slice and manipulate audio at very fine resolution levels using the MicroEdit Engine
- Each step can be repeated or chopped at an infinitesimally small rate, allowing for creating buzzing musical harmony, texturing a step with extra rhythms, or using rhythm as a synthesis tool, locking drum hits to individual pitches
- Glitch and process any drum sample or rhythm with pitch, arp, and texture control
- Divide a single sequenced event into thousands of unique slices that pulse with sonic movement, as defined by division, pitch, time or speed
- Add tension, slopes and curves to shape the contour and rotation of the slices and then apply additional FX
- Quickly change the entire sound of a beat with the randomize feature, which automatically MicroEdits the selected step in a sequencer pattern
- Whether working with drums, bass, or abstract noises the software is driven by the patterns defined in the sequencer
- Freed from the constraints of a pre-defined time signature, the sequencer can program anything from basic patterns to unique tracks of patterns with individual lengths and speeds
- Build beats with the 32-step sequencer, with up to twenty-four patterns synced to a DAW
- Evolve and transform patterns by giving each sequencer track a unique tempo and step length, allowing the entire beat pattern to develop into new musical ideas over time
- Create entire productions and then route the individual sequencer tracks to separate outputs for optimum mixing with the multi-out mode
- Extensive library of samples to choose from for building custom kits
- Explore sounds designed by top musicians and DJs, including BT, available royalty free for use in BreakTweaker or a sampler of choice
- Wield dubstep power with multi-layered kicks and snares
- Elicit cinematic drama with booms and hits, metals, cymbals and bells, as well as vocal breath one-shots
- Eighty beat presets
- The Generator features two morphing wavetable oscillators capable of reproducing anything from the simplest to the most complex synthesizer sounds
- Library of custom waveforms by BT and other top producers for use as building blocks
- Choose from five wavetable synthesis modes – single, additive, ring modulation, amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM)
- Quadruple LFO and envelope modulation routing, perfect for adjusting pitch, wavetables, amplitude, and more
- Start on advanced drum design with inbuilt generator presets that can be adjusted to taste
- Custom-designed LFOs and envelopes provide for many creative modulation options
- Each modulation source can manipulate the settings of any generator parameter
- Modulate anything in the generator window with one of four LFOs or envelopes
- Assign up to two modulators per parameter
- Innovative wavetable LFO control, featuring exotic LFO shapes
- Array of distortion effects, as well as vintage-modeled New York and Tokyo filters for shaping sounds
- Custom-modeled, analog-style New York and Tokyo high-pass, band-pass, and low-pass filters
- Dual-stage distortions inspired by the company's Trash 2 features algorithms such as warm, transistor, hard, digital, raw, and aliasing
- Enhance width, add stereo space and create lush drum hits with individual chorus effects for every sequenced step via the MicroEdit engine
- Discover feature narrows down the search for just the right drum sound
- Powered by the company's MediaMined technology, Discover will analyze and display similar-sounding samples when browsing the factory library using musical analysis, not metadata
- No more scrolling endlessly through sample lists when a drum sound is close but not perfect
- Click "Discover" to instantly view intelligently-selected, similar-sounding drum hits from the BreakTweaker collection for quick auditioning
iZotope Modern Grooves - Expansion Library for BreakTweaker Software Drum Machine (Download)
Modern Grooves from iZotope is an expansion library for BreakTweaker drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment, designed by boutique sample creator Black Octopus. The collection of samples and presets provides full-fledged starting points for jamming out new track ideas for producers and songwriters of all types. For situations where unique beats are required, the pack delivers 40 generator presets and 300 samples suitable for electro, breaks, deep house, house drum styles, and more.
iZotope Vintage Machines Expansion Library for BreakTweaker Software Drum Machine (Download)
Vintage Machines from iZotope is an expansion pack for the company's BreakTweaker software drum machine. It features vintage beats that include hip hop, trap, upbeat techno, two step, Dilla style, off kilter, and much more. Over two-hundred samples represent many of the greatest drum machines out there, assembled into fifty kits with twelve patterns each.
iZotope Cinematic Textures - Expansion Library for BreakTweaker Software Drum Machine (Download)
Cinematic Textures from iZotope is an expansion pack designed to enhance film and television scores, as well as the textures of electronic and electro-acoustic music. It features a collection of rhythmic material ranging from esoteric patterns to dense pulses and beats, and although they can be used anywhere, the sounds are mostly geared towards composers, producers and sound designers. The pack includes 71 presets and over 700 samples.
iZotope Kicks and Snares by Beatport Sounds BreakTweaker Expansion Library (Download)
Kicks and Snares by Beatport Sounds from iZotope is an expansion pack for the company's BreakTweaker software drum machine. It features kick and snare samples along with a little percussion and is the perfect expansion pack for creating modern drum productions.
iZotope Trash 2 - Distortion Software (Download)
The iZotope Trash 2 Distortion Software is primed for an era of audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation. It features sonic architecture, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats. Trash 2 combines the power of multiband, dual-stage distortions, and advanced post-filtering for immediate sonic transformation. Trash any track and not just guitars and basses, but drums, synths, pads, vocals, brass, woodwinds etc. Two expansion packs are included, further expanding the sonic possibilities of the software.
Design your own distortion algorithms with Trash 2's customizable Waveshaper; simply draw in, tweak, and create infinite distortions. Load one of Trash 2's 60+ distortion algorithms and adjust at will. The power to morph sound from one object to another is available with the Convolve module. Convolve includes over 100 impulse responses (IR): a collection of amps, objects, animal sounds, and mouth shapes for transforming your sound. Moreover, you can concoct a unique convolution and load any WAV or AIFF file into Trash 2.
Explore the sonic dimensions with the Filter, Delay, and Dynamics modules. Breathe life and movement into your audio using the dual filters, each with 20+ evocative filter types to shape your tone. Modulate, invigorate, and apply exotic filter sounds, and then control and manipulate each node with LFOs, envelopes, and side-chaining. With a filter bank, you are free to custom design your filter styles. Polish it all off with Trash 2's organic Delay options and the analog-modeled compressor.
The heart of Trash 2 is its dual-stage multiband waveshaping distortion, which allows you to chain pairs of distortions together for sonic manipulation. Split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies, each with their own custom waveshapes. Use the new Waveform Trace to see exactly how you're mangling your waveforms in real time, and DC offset filtering to keep them centered and on track.
Two redesigned filter modules to drive the frequencies you want into distortion or tame the ones you don't want. Shape the tone and customize it with re-engineered Filter shapes and Vowel Filters. Additionally, the software features realistic amp, device, cabinet, effect, and speaker convolution modeling, freeing you to place your audio into another space (or object) entirely. Choose from classics, combos, boutique models, and stacks, or play with creative synthetic impulses from a number of different sources including telephones, clock radios, sheet metal, plexiglass tubes, piano cabinets, tin cans, and more. With the Convolve module, you can teleport your sound wherever you please by loading in your own audio files.
Trash 2 includes a multiband Compressor and Noise Gate to squash the peaks, add grit and character, silence the noise, or draw out sustain. With the addition of sidechaining support, multiband processing, and an updated compression algorithm, the Dynamics module is a powerful tool. Go a step further by using a classic lo-fi Delay. Choose from delays that include tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation, and lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
Multiband Trash Module
- Apply different distortion types to up to 4 frequency bands.
- Chain 2 distortion algorithms for each frequency band for up to 8 different flavors of destruction.
- Choose from over 60 different distortion algorithms.
- Design and edit your own distortions using the new graphic-based Waveshaper.
- Filter each stage with the included Post Filter.
- Further refine your distortions with the DC Offset Filter and Logarithmic Distortion modes.
- Experiment with 20+ sweepable filters for tons of tonal options that range from clean and warm to fat and juicy to harsh and clipping.
- Get twice the filter action with brand new Filter 1 and Filter 2 modules.
- Add LFO and envelope modulation per node to get wahs, wubs, tremolos, and other sweeping effects.
- Let your filter settings react dynamically to other incoming audio with new sidechaining support.
- Put both filter modules in parallel to achieve different combinations of filter settings simultaneously.
- Explore over 100 redesigned Impulse Responses, each one capturing the audio characteristics of another space or object.
- Load your own custom Impulse Response using any WAV or AIFF file.
- Adjust stereo width and placement using stereo imaging controls.
Multiband Dynamics Module
- Get analog-modeled and grit-filled compression and gating from the redesigned Dynamics module.
- Apply Dynamics to different frequency ranges independently with 4-band Multiband support.
- Trigger the Compressor or Gate via external sources with side chaining support, even to individual frequency bands in Multiband mode.
- Keep an eye on extensive Dynamics metering for immediate visual feedback.
- Determine exactly which frequencies trigger Dynamics processing using the new Detection Filter, or exploit the Filter's resonance for more creative applications of compression.
- Dig deeper into additional Dynamics options like Hard or Soft Knee compression, RMS or Peak level detection, and Auto-Gain compensation.
- Experiment with 6 Different Delay Types: Tape, Tape/Tube, Analog, Lo-fi Digital, Broken Bit, and Digital.
- Adjust the special Trash slider for distorted delay effects.
- Adjust the post filter with resonance to tweak the wet signal.
- Trash your audio quickly with over 300 new presets for both wild and subtle audio mangling.
- Trash your audio easily with a fully re-designed UI that makes more controls accessible.
- Trash your audio safely with the Output Limiter.
- Thirty plus impulses include 1940's Explosion, Reel To Reel, Classic Film, Gas Burner, Lo Fi Arcade, and more
- Seventy additional patches provide the sounds of UV Harmonics, Old Tele, Mason Jar, Fuzz Factor, Vintage Soundtrack, Cassette, and more
- Thirty impulses include Voodoo, Muck, Gravel, Big Wheel, Magnum, Taxicab, Powerman, Ignite, and more
- Seventy additional patches provide the sounds of Electric Blaze, Hard Cider, Parasite, Filter Shred, Bleached, Ugly Couch, and more
iZotope Classic Textures - Trash 2 Expansion Pack
Classic Textures from iZotope is an expansion pack for the company's Trash 2 distortion plug-in. The expansion pack adds over thirty additional impulse responses and seventy new presets for processing virtually any source.
iZotope Edge - Trash 2 Expansion Pack
Edge from iZotope is an expansion pack for the company's Trash 2 distortion plug-in. The expansion pack adds thirty additional impulse responses and seventy new presets for processing virtually any source.
Suitable for a broad range of sonic treatments that include bit-crushing and filtering, the expansion pack is especially useful for creating unconventional guitars, synthesizer basses and pads, for drum mangling, and more.
iZotope Stutter Edit - Audio Slicing and Manipulation Plug-In (Download)
Stutter Edit from iZotope is a plug-in designed developed in cooperation with BT that allows you to play its effects like an instrument. It provides audio slicing and manipulation along with elegant and intuitive MIDI control. It allows you to build fills, complex effects, shimmering sweeps, and stutters in real-time.
Stutter Edit's features revolve around an innovative engine that continuously samples live audio, storing that audio in a buffer that can be manipulated in a myriad of ways. The software works using" Gestures", a set of effects and their associated timelines that reside on a single MIDI note. The audible result can vary from simple to complex.
Condensing these effects into a single key press is what makes Stutter Edit so playable, especially with its intelligent sense of timing. The plug-in is suitable for laptop performers, producers, sound designer and musicians, whether working in electronica, hip-hop, pop, or beyond.
- Stutter - repeat audio at a rhythmic note value; create incredible sweeps that transition from one rhythmic value to another.
- Quantize - sweeps between note values continuously; with it on, you can create stepping effects that transform your audio into complex rolls, trills and even arpeggios.
- Delay - dual-channel Delay can slide between 1/8th to 1/64th note rhythmic delay times, flying from a subtle chorus to a springy rubber-band effect; dedicated resonant band-pass filters provide perfectly tweakable results
- Gate - achieve intense chopping effects that modulate in sync with your track by gating each individual event created by the Stutter module.
- Filters - shape the sound of each key-controlled Gesture individually. Perfect for cutting the bass, making aggressive resonant sweeps, or creating LFO-like modulation that locks to each Gesture's timeline.
- Stutter Matrix - choose from a note value from 1/4 to 1/1024 for the stutter module to sweep or step between; you can also make your audio repeat at a high enough frequency to turn it into musical pitches.
- Buffer Position - use this slick radar screen to choose where Stutter Edit pulls audio out of the buffer; dice drum loops, jump between notes in a vocal phrase; you can even randomize playback order for unexpected results.
- Bit Reduction - digital distortion or add a periodic growl and will in sync with the tempo if required.
- Pan - send stuttered patterns flying left and right at breakneck speeds, or create subtle width and doubled audio that sweeps side to side.
- Lo-Fi - adjust the settings to get a "vintage digital" vibe or bury the whole track in fuzz.
- Pitch - scale the pitch of the Generator's noise tables over twelve octaves automatically. Build tension, or drop a track into a breakdown with a downward swoosh of noise.
- Band Pass - the Generator can automate this resonant band-pass filter to shape and squelch blasts of noise.
- Global Filter - grab the Pitch Wheel of your MIDI controller to engage a dual low- and high-pass filter; push it up to cut lows and add resonance, push it down to roll off highs and bring things down to a low rumble.
- Lo-Fi - for a little more bite, add some Lo-Fi to a Generator Gesture for a grainy, gritty noise wash or stab.
- Delay - the Generator has its own dedicated delay: when you release a dramatic build-up, it can decay into a trail of echoes for a perfectly smooth transition.
- Timeline Override - while Stutter Gestures automate everything in sync to the beat, you can also take control of the Gesture timeline with Timeline Override; grab the Mod Wheel of your controller to hijack the motion of all of the modules at once; improvise wild rolls, fills, transitions and even "freeze" the Buffer Position.