The CURVE84H-A1080P3 Lunette 41.2 x 73.3" Fixed Frame Projection Screen from Elite Screens features a curved screen designed to extend into the viewer's peripheral vision to create a more immersive viewing experience. To further enrich the experience, the screen enables placement of the right, center, and left channel speakers behind the it. Placing the primary speakers being the screen helps bring picture and sound into tighter unity.
Another benefit of a curved frame design is that it helps eliminate a visual artifact known as "pincushion effect". Pincushion effect happens when the distance to the right and left edges of the projected image are greater than the distance to the center, resulting in a image resembling an hourglass laying on its side. This effect is due to the fact that because light has to travel farther to reach the edges than the center the image tends to become more spread out the further it gets from center. Curving the screen allows the light to travel the same distance to reach any point on the screen surface, thereby yielding a uniform picture.
AcousticPro 1080P3 Screen Surface
- Acoustically Transparent Matte White (angular tight weave)
- Gain: 1.0
- 180° viewing angle
- Optimized for 1080p projection; supports 4K and active 3D projection
- Mean attenuation of -3.09 dB
- Curvature enhances contrast levels with decreased incident light while creating a heightened sense of immersion
- 40' fixed radial curvature also eliminates the pincushion effect
- Velvet covered 3.5" width aluminum frame border
- Sliding wall mounts provide adjustable horizontal centering
- Adjustable fix plates provide equal tension over the entire projection surface