High-resolution imaging and a long-reaching zoom within a slim form factor, the black Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS Digital Camera is a versatile and convenient point-and-shoot featuring a 20MP 1/2.3" CCD image sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor, which enables a top sensitivity of ISO 1600 and a 2.2 fps shooting rate. A 12x optical zoom lens provides a 25-300mm equivalent focal length range, which covers wide to telephoto perspectives for working in a variety of conditions. Benefitting this extensive zoom range is Intelligent IS image stabilization, which features eight distinct stabilization methods to ensure sharp and clear imagery. HD 720/25p video recording is available along with Scene Modes for a creative take on your imagery. Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on detected scene types and a Help Button can be used to better understand all of the controls and settings of your camera. Besides using the 2.7" 230k-dot LCD monitor for viewing your compositions or playing back imagery, the ELPH 170 IS is also compatible with the optional Connect Station CS100 for wireless transferring and sharing of your photos and movies.
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernable when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.