By B&H Photo's
A Flexible Workhorse of a Lens
The XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR from FUJIFILM is a versatile standard zoom lens designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-Mount mirrorless cameras and offers a 24-84mm equivalent, wide-angle to portrait-length range. Characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, this lens is adept in difficult lighting conditions and offers notable control over depth of field.
Its optical design comprises both aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce distortion and color fringing for improved sharpness and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. Nano-GI and HT-EBC coatings have also been applied to elements to minimize surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Three aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating has been applied to lens elements and alters the refractive index between the glass and air in order to better suppress lens flare and ghosting for diagonal incident light.
- A Twin Linear Motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- The lens body incorporates extensive weather sealing to protect against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.