The Shure QLXD24/SM58 rackmount digital wireless handheld microphone system provides performers, presenters, and broadcasters with professional-quality audio, reliable RF performance, and secure AES 256-bit encryption. Rugged and easy-to-use, it is ideal for sound-reinforcement applications in medium-sized venues and houses of worship as well as A/V installations in conference, educational, and corporate facilities.
The system operates in the UHF band to transmit pristine 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio with clarity, accurate low end, and crisp transient response. It utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and deliver solid RF signal stability without audio artifacts. You can run up to 60 mic channels at the same location.
The QLXD24/SM58 includes the QLXD2 handheld transmitter featuring an interchangeable capsule design and equipped with the legendary SM58 cardioid dynamic capsule, an industry standard for vocalists and presenters. The lightweight transmitter provides up to 9 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with selectable 1/10mW RF power and a transmission range up to 330'.
The receiver features audio and RF meters, 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4" instrument outputs. A large LCD screen and intuitive controls let you quickly make adjustments, even in low-light situations. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning, IR sync, and internal limiting to prevent clipping.
The Ethernet port allows multiple receivers to be easily networked together for simplified frequency coordination and deployment via Shure's Wireless Workbench (WWB) software.
- The durable QLXD2 handheld transmitter offers a lightweight, ergonomic design and is comfortable to hold.
- The transmitter features a backlit LCD that displays essential information and provides fast menu access. It can be locked out to prevent accidental changes during a performance. The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates a wide variety of speaking styles and mic levels. The transmitter syncs to the receiver via infrared with a quick press on the Sync button.
- The SM58 dynamic capsule features a cardioid polar pattern that minimizes background noise and feedback, while its brightened midrange and bass roll-off deliver that sought-after warm and clear vocal reproduction.
- The transmitter's interchangeable capsule design allows you to choose the ideal capsule for your application. Shure offers a variety of optional dynamic and condenser mic capsules with varying pickup patterns—capsules include the Beta 58A, Beta 87A, SM86, SM87A, KSM8, and KSM9.
- The system operates in the H50: 534 to 598 MHz UHF band with a 64 MHz tuning range and 2560 selectable frequencies.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur.
- Two detachable 1/2 wave dipole antennas are included.
- 256-bit AES encryption offers unbreachable privacy by using a unique, randomized encryption key generated every time encryption is enabled.
- Low latency makes the system ideal for meetings that require live sound reinforcement.
- The receiver’s scanning function automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain with an internal limiter that automatically engages to prevent digital clipping of your audio.
- Intuitive front-panel controls with audio and RF LED meters as well as a peak indicator, allow for quick visual checks.
- Ethernet networking enables real-time, precision monitoring and control of your system as well as automatic frequency coordination across multiple receivers, using Wireless Workbench software (WWB) for Mac/Windows.
- The system is compatible with external controllers such as AMX and Creston.
- Remote Control: Make adjustments from anywhere in the venue from your iPad/iPhone via the ShurePlus Channels Mobile App for iOS devices.
- Smart Power Management on Transmitter: The SB900A lithium-ion intelligent rechargeable battery with SBC charger (both available separately) provide extended transmitter battery life over alkaline batteries.
- The SB900A’s remaining battery life can be metered in hours and minutes from the receiver’s front panel.
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
- The WL183 (omnidirectional), WL185 (cardioid), and WL184 (supercardioid) lavalier mics offer hands-free presentaton options.
- The miniature WL93 and subminiature MX150 mics are smaller, easy-to-conceal lavaliers.
- The discreet MX153 subminiature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The PGA31 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.