The green and black 8x42 Crossfire Roof Prism Binocular from Vortex combines fully multi-coated optics, which deliver bright and clear images, with a durable and comfortable-to-hold body. With an 8x magnification and 42mm objectives, you obtain an optimal tradeoff between notable magnification, lower image jitter due to unsteady hands, and light-gathering capacity that delivers bright images. You can easily spot your targets with a wide 7.5° angular field of view and an enhanced depth of field and quickly bring them into focus with a center wheel. In addition to observing distant scenes, birds, and game, the minimum focus of 7.5' allows you to study in detail close targets like animal footprints, marks, or landscape features without moving away from your subject. The binocular also features a 5.3mm exit pupil, a 17mm eye relief, and a 56-76mm interpupillary adjustment range.
To offer durability and comfort, the 8x42 Crossfire has a smooth green and black rubber armor covering that provides external protection and a secure non-slip grip. The housing is O-ring sealed waterproof and nitrogen-purged fogproof, which shield the binocular from a variety of weather conditions and effects of a rapidly changing temperature. To ensure a non-slip grip during focusing even while wearing gloves or in bad weather, the center focus knob is wide and knurled. The binocular is mountable on a tripod with an optional adapter and has rubber twist-up eyecups. Also included are a rainguard, tethered lens covers, a neck strap, and a soft carry case.
- Magnification: 8x
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Roof prism design allows a straight tube design
- Wide angular field of view: 7.5°
- Objective diameter of 42mm provides bright images
- Interpupillary adjustment: 56-76mm
- Diopter adjustment
- Rubber armor covering provides durability, comfort, and a secure grip
- Oversized center focus knob allows for easy focusing with gloves and in adverse weather
- Fogproof by nitrogen purging
- Waterproof, sealed with O-rings
- Twist-up rubber eyecups
- Tripod-adaptable socket