Compact and portable, yet rugged enough to handle even the most trying of conditions, the graphite black FinePix XP80 Digital Camera from Fujifilm is a point-and-shoot featuring a water, shock, freeze, and dustproof construction. A 16.4MP 1/2.3" BSI-CMOS sensor produces high-resolution stills and full HD 1080p video, which is complemented by 5x Fujinon zoom lens that covers a 28-140mm equivalent focal length range. Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake while a dedicated Action Camera mode works with an optional conversion lens to enable hands-free, body or equipment-mounted use. A rear LCD monitor features an anti-reflective coating for greater visibility in a variety of lighting conditions, and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity permits one-touch transferring of imagery to linked mobile devices, as well as wireless remote controlled shooting from smartphones and tablets.
Tough and Rugged Design
- Waterproof to 50' / 15.2m
- Shockproof from 5.8' / 1.8 m
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Dustproof to IP68 standards
16.4MP BSI-CMOS Sensor
For still shooting, high-speed processing enables full-resolution burst shooting at rates up to 10 fps for 10 frames or even 60 fps bursts for up to 70 frames at a reduced resolution.
Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Other Camera Features
- Action Camera mode allows you to record HD movies while participating in sports or activities at the same time. When working in this mode and using an optional mounting device/18mm-equivalent conversion lens, the LCD monitor will automatically turn off once recording has begun in order to preserve battery life and extend recording times.
- The rear 2.7" 460k-dot LCD monitor features an anti-reflective coating to enhance visibility when working in bright conditions.
- The sleek body design places all of the rear controls on the right side for easier one-handed operation.
- A double-lock mechanism ensures security to the camera when working in trying conditions.
- Dedicated Underwater and Underwater Macro modes help to maintain a realistic color balance when shooting underwater.
- Interval Timer shooting permits taking successive photos at predetermined intervals for creating time-lapse imagery. Intervals can be set at 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 60 seconds, 30 seconds, or 15 seconds.
- For creatively enhancing the look of your imagery in-camera, 11 different Advanced Filters are available, including Sketch, Toy Camera, Miniature, Pop Color, Soft Focus, Cross Screen, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple), High-Key, Low-Key, Dynamic Tone, and Fish-Eye.
- SR AUTO optimizes the exposure settings based on recognized scene types.
- Shooting modes: SR AUTO, AUTO, Program AE, Action Camera, Pro Low-Light, HDR (Dynamic Range), Natural Light & with Flash, Portrait, Landscape, Adv., Motion Panorama 360, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Underwater (Macro), Party, Flower, and Text.
- Tracking AF helps to maintain focus on moving subjects.
- Pro Low-Light mode automatically records four sequential frames and blends them in order to achieve higher sensitivity and reduced noise levels.
- Natural Light & with Flash will automatically capture two exposures at once: one with flash and one without.
- Face Detection optimizes exposure settings based on up to 10 recognized faces, and can automatically detect and remove red-eye.
- A Face Detection Timer Function will automatically release the shutter, balance the exposure, and set the proper focus once the specified number and position of faces in a scene are detected.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.
- An HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode allows you to gain greater detail in the highlight and shadow regions of a scene in order to avoid overexposed highlights or blocked shadows.
- Motion Panorama 360 allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.