The Leica M Lens to Sony E-Mount Camera Macro Helicoid Adapter V5 from Hawks adapts an M Mount lens to a Sony E-mount camera but goes a step further by utilizing a helicoid to enable a closer focus distance than the lens can otherwise provide. The movement of the helicoid pushes the lens away from the sensor and, like an extension tube, provides closer focusing capabilities. This Version 5 adapter features a large, button-style lens release tab for easily mounting and removing lenses from the adapter. Additionally, an integrated focusing tab aids in precise focusing control and the adapter is solidly built for smooth, well-damped lens movement.
Minimum Focus Distances for Select Lenses with Helicoid Extended
- Summilux 35mm f/1.4: 11" / 28cm
- Summilux 50mm f/1.4: 16.9" / 43cm
- Noctilux 50mm f/0.95: 16.9" / 43cm
- Summicron 50mm f/2: 15" / 38cm
- Hektor 73mm f/1.9: 28.7" / 73cm (requires separately purchased M39 to Leica M adapter)
- Summicron 90mm f/2.0: 28.7" / 73cm