The Varavon Birdycam II with Remote Controller is a handheld motorized 3-axis gimbal stabilization system for cameras weighing up to 5.5 pounds. It allows you to capture smooth, fluid shots whether you're actively following the subject, or the subject is simply passing by you. Included with the stabilizer is an RC transmitter (hand-held remote controller) that allows a second operator to remotely control pan and tilt. The camera platform is adjustable to support a variety of small to mid-sized cameras, including DSLRs, mirrorless cameras like the Sony a7s or GH4, and the Blackmagic Cinema Camera or Production Camera 4K.
The steering handle moves along three axes (up/down, left/right, and sideways), and your camera hangs suspended on a gimbal in the center and smoothly follows your movements. Even without the motors running, the gimbal balances out relatively smoothly, but with the motors on, the stabilizer counteracts unwanted movements and shake to keep your camera stable. Additionally, there's also a thumb-control joystick on the steering handle that lets you pan and tilt the gimbal without moving the handle itself. Pan and tilt can also be controlled by a second operator using the included remote controller.
The motors are powered by up to two Varavon batteries, with one battery provided with the stabilizer. A stand is also included for setting the Birdycam down. All the components come to you in a compartmentalized case with soft foam interior and requiring hardly any assembly.
- 3-axis motorized stabilization system
- 32-bit AlexMos board
- Camera hangs suspended on a gimbal in the center and smoothly follows your movements
- Pan/tilt thumb-control joystick
- RC transmitter included for remote pan and tilt control from a second operator
- Adjustable camera platform supports various small to mid-size cameras
- Supports cameras weighing up to 5.5 pounds
- Bluetooth connectivity lets you use an Android mobile device to adjust and configure settings
- 10,400mAh lithium-ion battery included
- 1/4"-20 threads of attaching optional accessories
- Standard dovetail on the handle bar and main body for easy installation and compatibility with the Varavon's optional Wirecam system
- Reference scale marks and locking knob for easier gimbal balancing
- Balancing stand included with height adjustable feet and bubble level
- Storage case with soft foam interior