Blending form and function, the black Pentax K-S2 is a sleek DSLR featuring a 20.12MP APS-C CMOS sensor and PRIME M II image processor to produce high-resolution stills and Full HD 1080p video, along with a sensitivity range up to ISO 51200 to suit working in a variety of conditions. The sensor's design omits an anti-aliasing filter, too, in order to achieve a high degree of sharpness and resolution, and sensor-shift type Shake Reduction further benefits making sharp imagery by minimizing the appearance of camera shake.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the K-S2 also sports a SAFOX X autofocus system, which employs 11 focusing points, including 9 cross-type points, for quick and accurate focusing performance in a variety of lighting conditions. Also benefitting the image-making process, the physical design of the camera incorporates a 3.0" 921k-dot LCD with a vari-angle mechanism to support working from high and low angles, and a front-facing second shutter release button affords an easier means for holding the camera when taking selfies. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to remotely control the camera from a linked mobile device, as well as wirelessly share images to a smartphone or tablet for sharing online.
- A large 0.95x-magnification pentaprism viewfinder is featured, and offers 100% frame coverage.
- Rear 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to better support working from high and low angles.
- A second shutter release is featured on the front of the button to aid in taking selfies.
- Fully weather-sealed construction utilizes 100 individual seals to guard against dust and moisture for working in inclement conditions.
- The included D-LI109 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 480 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to remotely control the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet, as well as offers the ability to wireless transfer images from the camera to your mobile device for quick sharing online.
- Advanced HDR and the Clarity Enhancement feature improves textures and micro contrast for more realistic image quality.
- Focus peaking can be used when working in live view for faster, more accurate manual focusing.
- Dual dials allow for direct and intuitive adjustment of exposure controls.
- Two customizable user profiles are available for saving and switching to saved combinations of settings.
- 4K interval movie capture lets you record sequences of images as a time-lapse, automatically combine them in-camera, and output as a 4K movie file for seamless playback.
- Auto picture modes: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Sunset, Blue Sky, and Forest.
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Sunset, Blue Sky, Forest, Night Scene, Night Scene HDR, Night Snap, Food, Pet, Kids, Surf & Snow, Backlight Silhouette, Candlelight, Stage Lighting, and Museum.
- Digital filters: Extract Color, Replace Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Unicolor Bold, and Bold Monochrome.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), and Japanese.