Equipped with an uncooled 640x512 FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer, the Prometheus 640 2-16x42 Thermal Imaging Monocular from Armasight allows users to detect sources of invisible to the naked eye long wavelength infrared light during day or night. For example, at night without help from visible illumination you will be able to detect running engines, hot wires, infrared lasers and lamps, live animals, humans, or other sources of heat. Additionally, because of different transmission properties of the infrared light compared to the visible light, this thermal imager will enable you to view your targets through smoke, fog, or dust.
You can view thermal profiles of your targets on a built-in AMOLED SVGA 060 color display or relay videos through a VGA video output port for viewing on an external monitor or for recording. The user-friendly menu allows you to choose between image filtering options and image processing functions that provide different color modes: White Hot, Black Hot, Rainbow, and Various Colors. Additionally, the included remote control allows for a wireless operation.
The aluminum alloy housing is durable, waterproof, and submersible to 66' for two hours. To provide a sure operation, all adjustment rings are knurled. You can also mount additional accessories on a short Picatinny or Weaver style rail located on the right side. Other construction details include a tethered protective objective lens cap, a rubber winged eye guard, and a long eye relief.
- Detector: Tau 2
- Type: solid state uncooled microbolometer
- Spectral range: 7-14 µm
- Resolution: 640x512 pixels
- Pixel size: 17µm
- Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Germanium objective lens
- Lens System: 42mm, f/1.0
- Magnification: 2-16x
- Digital zoom: up to 8x
- Close focus: 16.4'
- Eye relief: 1.8"
- 800x600 AMOLED SVGA 060 color display
- Color modes: White Hot, Black Hot, Rainbow, Various Color modes
- Easy and intuitive drop-down user menu
- VGA video output port
- Rapid start-up
Imaging Filter Algorithms
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE)
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO)
- Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ)
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE)
- Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction (SSN)
Use and Handling
- Can be operated with your smartphone via a built-in Bluetooth
- Wireless remote control included
- Digital compass
- Digital inclinometer
- Battery status indicator
- Aluminum alloy housing
- Picatinny or Weaver accessory rail
- Winged rubber eyeguard
- Resistant to shock and recoil
- Mountable on a 1/4"-20 tripod
- Waterproof, submersible to 66'