Brighten the world beneath the sea with the compact black Princeton Tec Torrent LED Dive Light, which features a depth rating of 328'. Its single Lumileds Maxbright LED outputs smooth white light at 280 lumens, a brightness which can be maintained for up to 4.5 hr by the light's regulating circuit. When the maximum output is not maintained, the light will burn for up to 30 hr and become gradually dimmer until the 8 AA alkaline, lithium, NiCad, or NiMH batteries are drained. The wide, focused beam simulates normal daylight conditions and is suitable for numerous applications.
The Torrent also has heatsink technology, which dissipates heat to prevent the LED from reaching excessively high temperatures that can cause damage. The heatsinks allow the light to burn safely at a high brightness for long periods of time.
- Single Lumileds Maxbright LED outputs 280 lumens
- Max. brightness can be maintained for up to 4.5 hr by the light's regulating circuit
- When unregulated, light will burn for up to 30 hr and become gradually dimmer until the 8 AA batteries are drained
- Runs on alkaline, lithium, NiCad, or NiMH batteries. Lithium will yield longest max brightness time and best performance in cold temperatures, followed next by alkaline. Use of other chemistry types will likely cause reduced brightness and run time
- Wide, focused beam with smooth white light simulates normal daylight conditions and is suitable for numerous applications
- Heatsink technology dissipates heat to prevent the LED from reaching excessively high temperatures that can cause damage
- Heatsinks allow the light to burn safely at a high lumen output for long stretches of time
- Meets IPX8 specifications and carries a Princeton Tec Level 3 rating, meaning it has a depth rating of 328' and is safe for continuous submersion in water
- O-ring provides watertight seal
- Lever switch centrally located on body just below light head
- Pushing the switching lever forward deactivates the lock, which is there to prevent light from accidentally being turned on when not in use
- Rotating switch to off position and sliding lever back re-locks it
- Moving lever over to the right turns light on