Characterized by a bright and versatile design, the Kowa 10x56 BD56-10 XD Prominar Binoculars feature an advanced optical system with a series of multicoatings to provide clear viewing in a variety of conditions. Dual Prominar XD elements are used to minimize chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy, and the phase-corrected Schmidt-Pechan roof prism design avails consistent brightness with a sleek form factor. A C3 coating has also been applied to the glass elements to improve contrast and produce consistent and accurate colors. The 10x magnification is ideal for viewing distant subjects and when all combined with the large 56mm diameter objective lenses, these binoculars are especially adept when viewing in difficult and low-light conditions.
A rubberized chassis offers durable and secure handling and the housing has also been nitrogen filled for water and fog resistance. Twist-up multi-step eyecups benefit clear viewing in bright lighting conditions and a KR coating has also been applied to the exposed optical surfaces to protect against dust and dirt and to aid in cleaning.
- 10x magnification
- 56mm diameter objectives
- Roof prism optical design
- Two Prominar XD glass elements are used to reduce chromatic aberrations, improve contrast, and provide greater viewing clarity
- A C3 coating has been applied to the Schmidt-Pechan prism in order to increase reflectivity for brighter viewing with more accurate colors
- Fully multicoated optics also contribute to brighter, more color neutral viewing with high contrast
- Phase-coated prism surfaces reduces interference to bring the light paths into phase
- 5.9° angle of view, 59° apparent angle of view
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8'
- 18mm eye relief
Use and Handling
- Twist-up multi-step eyecups
- Compatible with optional tripod adapter
- Center focus design and internal focus system
- Compatible with optional photo adapters for smartphone viewing and recording through the binoculars
- Nitrogen filled housing for waterproof and fogproof performance
- KR Coating has been applied to the eyepiece and objective lenses to aid in cleaning and prevent dust or dirt from affecting viewing
- Rubber-coated chassis