Characterized by a bright and long-reaching design, the Kowa 12x56 BD56-12 XD Prominar Binoculars features an advanced optical system with a series of multicoatings to provide clear viewing in a variety of conditions. Dual Prominar XD elements are used to minimize chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy, and the phase-corrected Schmidt-Pechan roof prism design avails consistent brightness with a sleek form factor. A C3 coating has also been applied to the glass elements to improve contrast and produce consistent and accurate colors. The 12x magnification and wide 66° AAoV is ideal for viewing distant subjects and when all combined with the large 56mm diameter objective lenses, this binocular is especially adept when viewing in difficult and low-light conditions.
A rubberized chassis offers durable and secure handling and the housing has also been nitrogen filled for water and fog resistance. Twist-up multi-step eyecups benefit clear viewing in bright lighting conditions and a KR coating has also been applied to the exposed optical surfaces to protect against dust and dirt, and to aid in cleaning.
- 12x magnification
- 56mm diameter objectives
- Roof prism optical design
- Two Prominar XD glass elements are used to reduce chromatic aberrations, improve contrast, and provide greater viewing clarity
- A C3 coating has been applied to the Schmidt-Pechan prism in order to increase reflectivity for brighter viewing with more accurate colors
- Fully multicoated optics also contribute to brighter, more color neutral viewing with high contrast
- Phase-coated prism surfaces reduces interference to bring the light paths into phase
- 5.5° angle of view, 66° apparent angle of view
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8'
- 16mm eye relief
Use and Handling
- Twist-up multi-step eyecups
- Compatible with optional tripod adapter
- Center focus design and internal focus system
- Compatible with optional photo adapters for smartphone viewing and recording through the binocular
- Nitrogen filled housing for water and fogproof performance
- KR Coating has been applied to the eyepiece and objective lenses to aid in cleaning and prevent dust or dirt from affecting viewing
- Rubber-coated chassis