The TeraStation 16TB (4 x 4TB) 1400 4-Drive Entry-Level Small Business Network Storage from Buffalo is a compact, budget-friendly, four-drive desktop storage solution, which is ideal for small businesses, home offices, and professional users. It is also a reliable RAID-based network storage solution for business networks and power users. This NAS system comes with four 4TB SATA hard drives that provide up to 16TB of shared storage space for your network. These drives can be configured with RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 to provide performance, redundancy, or both. Out of the box, these drives are hardware configured in RAID 5, which offers 12TB of storage space with three drives and the fourth is used as a spare. If a drive does fail, you can replace the drive while the NAS is running since it supports hot swapping.
The TeraStation 1400 provides a RJ-45 gigabit Ethernet port, one USB 2.0 port, and two USB 3.0 ports. To handle file transfers and other functions, it is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual-issue ARM processor and 512MB of DDR3 RAM. With these features, you can utilize this NAS to manage data, perform scheduled or real-time backups, and share data in any business environment.
- 1.2 GHz dual-issue ARM processor, 512MB DDR3
- USB 2.0 port with accessory support
- Hot-swap SATA hard drives
- RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD (Individual Disks)
- Active Directory integration
- Disk quota support
- Scheduled or real-time replication to other TeraStation devices
TeraStation NAS Operating System
Dual-Issue ARM Processor
Reliable and Secure
- RAID 0 combines all drives into a single array offering maximum capacity with no redundancy.
- RAID 1 mirrors two arrays, creating an exact copy of data for fault tolerance.
- RAID 5 stripes the data across all four drives, interspersing parity data to provide an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity.
- RAID 10 mirrors two sets of hard drives and combines them into a single array, striping data across all mirrored sets for fault tolerance and increased performance.