Designed for outdoor sound recordists and DSLR style filmmakers, this B&H Kit features the TASCAM DR-70D 4-Channel Audio Recorder as well as a rain cover for protecting the recorder from the elements. The cover features a clear plastic panel to allow the operator to monitor the recording and works especially well with weather and humidity resistant shotgun microphones and windscreens.
For filmmaking, television, and web broadcast applications where you want to record direct sound and ambience, the TASCAM DR-70D multi-track field recorder is an ideal companion for your DSLR. Capture up to four tracks of high-resolution audio from external sources and the onboard omnidirectional microphones, route audio to and from your camera, and conveniently monitor through headphones. With strap-friendly handles, a tripod mounting socket, and a camera-mount screw attachment, the DR-70D is compatible with a variety of setups and working styles.
Versatile powering methods and remote-control options make the DR-70D ideal for location recording and extended video shoots. Its four balanced XLR-1/4" combo inputs handle mic- or line-level signals (even +4 dBu from high-end sound mixers) and can independently supply phantom power. A 3.5mm mic/line input with selectable plug-in power is provided for situations that require you to record a lavalier microphone or the output of a wireless receiver. Utilize settings such as stereo safety track recording, limiting, and low-cut filtering to achieve a clean, undistorted recording.
- Angled 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight for easy viewing
- Simple, efficient file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to a computer
- Adjustable delay function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Hold switch prevents accidental operation
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-70D is powered off/on
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
The Portabrace AR-DR70D Custom Case for Tascam DR70D Audio Recorder is a custom-made case designed for the Tascam DR-70D audio recorder. The case protects the recorder with a secure fit and features easy access to both the controls and audio inputs. A vinyl window allows the user to monitor the audio levels and controls of the unit. The case also provides attachment points for a shoulder strap.