The iMic from Griffin Technology lets Mac and PC users add stereo audio input and output to USB equipped computers, even when they lack audio in or out ports. The interface allows the connection of microphones and other input devices to an iBook, PowerBook, PowerMac, or other Mac and PC systems, with support for both microphone and line level inputs. A line level output is provided for connecting the output to external speakers or headphones.
The unit is a perfect for converting vinyl LP and tape collections into MP3s and CDs. It will function with most third-party software but, for Mac users, Final Vinyl is available as a free download. Final Vinyl is designed specifically for converting vinyl to digital with features such as waveform-based cue editing, and 10-band EQ, and includes a special RIAA filter that properly equalizes LPs without having to connect a turntable to a pre-amp.
Additionally, the unit can be used as a home studio recording or podcasting solution by directly plugging in microphones and musical instruments, and provides a solution for sound recording into almost any audio application, including GarageBand, iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
- USB interface with stereo audio input/output
- Also provides audio I/O to computers without dedicated audio connectivity
- Switchable microphone/line input
- Convert vinyl LP and tape collection into MP3s and CDs
- Record audio into audio/video applications
- Includes Final Vinyl conversion software for Mac
- Mac and Windows compatible