The Palmer PMBLA is a two-channel, stereo line-level merger box with active circuitry, designed to combine two stereo line-level signals into one stereo output, with lossless mixing and signal amplification. It can be used for simultaneously connecting two mixing desks to a single PA system, such as a DJ mixer and mixing console to a studio or live venue sound system.
Featuring combo sockets with XLR and 1/4" connectors, channel 1 is designed for both consumer-level equipment and professional gear with input sensitivity switchable from -10 dbV (consumer level) to +6 dBu (professional level). Channel 2 is optimized for +6 dBu professional line levels only. The inputs are galvanically isolated from one another to prevent crosstalk.
Both channels feature a mute switch and a mono switch to mix the stereo signal down to mono. Rotary controls set the overall levels with a maximum input signal boost of +16 dB. Individual ground lift switches are provided for each stereo input and the output.
The PMBLA is housed in a 1 RU, half-rack case and has a built-in power supply.
- Merge two stereo line signals into one stereo output
- Active circuitry provides lossless mixing and signal amplification
- Use with consumer and professional line-level signals
- Two stereo, balanced inputs optimized for line-level signals
- Channel 1 inputs are transformer-balanced to prevent ground loops
- Input channels are galvanically isolated from one another
- Individual level control for each channel
- Maximum input signal boost of 16 dB
- Mono and mute switches for each channel
- Ground lift switch for each channel and output
- Integrated universal power supply