The Q2901-E Temperature Alarm Thermal Camera from Axis Communication is an outdoor-ready bullet-style camera which delivers thermal imaging in 336 x 256 resolution. The camera supports up to six temperature alarm zones that can be used to trigger an alarm. The alarm triggering is based on temperature changes; either above or below a pre-set threshold, or temperature increase rate.
The Q2901-E camera also offers spot temperature functionality for instant scene spot measurement. Isothermal palettes make it easier to visualize hot spots to identify something like overheated equipment. Isothermal palettes highlight temperature-spans in the image. Installation is made easy by using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af). A built-in window heater is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions.
This temperature alarm camera can be used where there is a need for temperature monitoring, such as power generating facilities, fire hazard areas, or industrial processes involving self-igniting materials. Using the included bracket, you can wall-mount or ceiling-mount this camera.
- Q2901-E offers two kinds of alarms triggered by a deviation of the temperature; if the temperature goes above or below a set limit, or if the temperature increases too rapidly. The camera can detect the temperature of an object between -40 to 1022°F (-40 to 550°C).
- Isothermal imaging makes it possible to configure highlighted temperature-spans in the image. They help to define which temperature corresponds to which color. The lower limit denotes the temperature where the colored part of the palette will start and all temperatures above this limit will stand out.
Spot Temperature Reading
- This capability is used to view the temperature of a particular area of the image. The emissivity can also be adjusted (depending on the material characteristics) to get a more precise reading. Used as a visual aid for an operator.
Outdoor Video Surveillance
- The Q2901-E is a bullet-style outdoor-ready model that is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions. It comes with a built-in heater for the window. It's ideal for 24/7 area or perimeter surveillance of all security applications such as roads, tunnels and airports. The camera is further protected with shock detection, a capability that sends an alarm to personnel during attempted vandalism.
- microSD/SDHC memory card slot
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network
- Supports IP version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including the ONVIF, as well as VAPIX and Axis Camera Application Platform