For singers, rappers, and musicians who need a large-diaphragm studio condenser mic and don't have the funds to go big, the Tascam TM-80 presents a simple solution. Since it shares design characteristics with pricier mics and has no switches to configure, it offers a blend of quality and ease of use that makes it appealing for home recording. Also included with the mic are a shockmount, tabletop tripod stand, and mic cable, making the TM-80 a complete mic package.
The heart of the mic is its 0.7" aluminum-diaphragm condenser capsule, which produces a hotter output level and wider frequency range than most dynamic mics. Use it on vocals, acoustic instruments, or even guitar/bass speaker cabinets. By utilizing a cardioid polar pattern, the TM-80 is able to capture less room sound and background noise than the omnidirectional mics found in computers and mobile devices. For proper functionality of the TM-80, it should be plugged into to the XLR input of a device that can supply phantom power.
- Traditional side-address design
- Condenser capsule with 0.7" aluminum diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern keeps the recording from sounding too ambient
- High sensitivity
- Wide frequency response (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- XLR output connector
- Requires phantom power (9 to 48 VDC)
- Sturdy die-cast zinc housing
- Includes shockmount, tabletop tripod stand, and XLR cable