The ultra-compact Sennheiser AVX-MKE2 SET provides professional videographers, video journalists, or vloggers with a dependable wireless microphone system that's so easy to use, it's like having a dedicated sound engineer on set handling audio tasks.
Made with simplicity in mind, but without compromising audio quality, this self-configuring digital system handles time-consuming frequency setup and mic-level adjustments for you, so you're ready to shoot within seconds. Now, you can focus on the other critical elements vying for your attention during a shoot, and confidently record crisp, clear audio on your camcorder, DSLR, or mirrorless camera.
This set comes with a camera-mount receiver, a bodypack transmitter, and a professional MKE 2 omnidirectional miniature lavalier mic, ideal for projects ranging from broadcast TV and documentaries to wedding videos, corporate videos, and hands-free interviews.
- The lightweight AVX system is easy to carry with you when every ounce counts. The roadworthy bodypack transmitter features a rugged metal chassis with a form factor even smaller than the EW G4. A locking connector ensures that your lav doesn’t detach at a critical moment, while a convenient switch allows you to mute your mic, and the display shows battery life and signal strength.
- The black MKE 2 lavalier mic's miniature form factor makes it easy to conceal, while its unique Umbrella Diaphragm delivers moisture-resistant performance.
- The discreet receiver plugs directly into the XLR input of your camcorder and rotates 320° to get out of the way of lights or other accessories you may have mounted on your camera. An AF button on the receiver allows you to adjust the output level to your camera, if necessary. In addition, the receiver comes with a shoe mount and 3.5mm output cable, making it a great fit for DSLR and mirrorless shooters.
- The digital AVX automatically finds the cleanest frequency in the 1.9 GHz band as soon as you power up the receiver.
- A long press of the Pair button on both receiver and transmitter links the two devices. Once the indicator LED turns green, you’re good to go.
- Popular with industry professionals, the MKE 2 omnidirectional lavalier microphone delivers a natural, broadcast-quality sound optimized for speech intelligibility. Its omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when the speaker’s head moves away from the mic.
- The AVX's automatic mic-level control takes full advantage of the system's wide dynamic range to deliver consistent speech without clipping and distortion, even when your talent goes from a whisper to a scream.
- The system delivers 24-bit/48 kHz audio with an extended 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, for pristine, nuanced recordings.
- The AVX operates in the license-free 1.9 GHz band—away from TV and Wi-Fi interference—to create a wireless peer-to-peer connection, for clean audio without drop outs at a range up to 98’.
- The system automatically finds the cleanest frequency, free from RF interference.
- If interference is detected, the AVX automatically increases the power on the transmitter—up to 250 mW—to overcome the problem.
- If the increase in power isn’t sufficient, the system substitutes a clear frequency well before the audio signal itself is affected, for clean, worry-free sound.
- The AVX receiver features a removable, lithium-ion battery that is recharged via the USB port.
- The transmitter is outfitted with a B 30 battery pack that accommodates two included AA batteries.
- The receiver turns itself on and off when it senses phantom power from your camcorder, extending battery life in the field.
- The receiver can also be powered through its USB port, allowing it to run for numerous hours on a USB power pack or indefinitely, if you have access to AC.
- An optional BA 30 rechargeable battery can be purchased for the transmitter.
- The BA 20 battery for the receiver is also available separately, so you can have a fully charged spare battery ready in the field.
- Up to eight AVX systems can operate simultaneously in the same area
- AES 256-bit encryption for secure communication
- Made in Germany
Sennheiser MKE2 SET Specs
|Wireless Technology||Digital 1.9 GHz|
|Included Transmitters||1 x Bodypack with Microphone|
|RF Frequency Band||1920 to 1930 MHz|
|RF Bandwidth||10 MHz|
|RF Channel Scanning||Auto-Scan|
|Max Operating Range||98' / 29.9 m (Line of Sight)|
|Max Transmitters per Band||8|
|Mobile App Compatible||No|
*As of January, 2023: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Sample Rate/Resolution||48 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Dynamic Range||>120 dBA|
|Modulation||GFSK (with Back Channel)|
|Mounting Options||Plug-In, Shoe-Mount (with Included Hardware)|
|Antenna||1 x External, Fixed (Top-Mount)|
|Number of Audio Channels||1|
|Audio I/O||1 x XLR 3-Pin Male Balanced Mic Output|
|Audio Output Level||XLR Output:|
-30 to 0 dB (Balanced)
|Phantom Power Protection||None|
|Power Requirements||Battery, Bus Power (USB)|
|Battery Type||1 x Sennheiser Battery Pack (Included)|
|Approx. Battery Life||4 Hours (Lithium Rechargeable)|
|Display & Indicators||1 x LED (Battery Status, Level)|
|Dimensions||0.8 x 2 x 3.2" / 21 x 51 x 81 mm|
|Weight||3.1 oz / 87 g (with Batteries)|
|Transmitter Type||Bodypack with Microphone|
|RF Output Power||Up to 250 mW (Country-Specific)|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Input (Lockable)|
|Audio Input Level||1.5 V RMS (Mic Level)|
3.1 V RMS (Line Level)
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz (Line)|
|Antenna||1 x External, Fixed (Beltpack)|
|Battery Type||2 x AA (Included)|
|Approx. Battery Life||15 Hours (Lithium Rechargeable)|
|USB/Lightning I/O||1 x Micro-USB (Bus Power, Charging)|
|Display & Indicators||1 x LCD (Battery Status, Signal Strength)|
|Dimensions||0.9 x 2.6 x 3.9" / 24 x 65 x 100 mm|
|Weight||3.1 oz / 87 g (without Batteries)|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level||26 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||142 dB SPL Peak|
|Sensitivity||5 mV/Pa at 1 kHz|
|Output||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Male Unbalanced (Lockable)|
|Cable Length||5.25' / 1.6 m|
|Operating Voltage||7.5 V|
|Weight||0.6 oz / 17 g|
|Package Weight||1.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||12.7 x 6.8 x 3"|