The Electro-Harmonix Super Pulsar Stereo Tap Tremolo Pedal provides more than just a tremolo effect – thanks to its stereo inputs and outputs, you can garner effects like ping-pong delay. Its analog signal path gives you transparency, and its digital controls and editing capabilities let you sculpt a sonically pristine and refined custom tremolo effect. It has 4 editable waveforms, a subdividing function, nine 16-step rhythm tracks and 8 storage banks for saving and recalling your creations. These parameters and more are what distinguishes the Super Pulsar from traditional tremolo pedals.
The pedal enables you to change your tremolo by editing a waveform's depth, phase, and rate. It also allows for faster modulation rates with its tap division mode, which expands the rate control beyond its usual functionality. The envelope control enables a direct relationship between what you're playing on your instrument and the rate and depth changes on the pedal, thus unifying your playing with the changes of the effect. Not only can you use the Super Pulse as a souped-up tremolo pedal, but, you can also get multiple stereo delay effects out of it by enlisting the 360 phase control.
You can use the Super Pulse both on stage and in the studio. Specifically in recording studio contexts, the Super Pulsar could be used as a two-person instrument, with one person playing the guitar, bass, etc., while changing parameters via an expression pedal, and the other person manipulating the parameters on the face of the unit, thus delivering some unexpected results.
As with many Electro-Harmonix pedals, you can connect an expression pedal (available separately) or external CV to the Super Pulsar, which allows for hands-free control over the rate, depth, shape, phase, and volume. A power supply is included.
- Stereo or mono input and output for stereo/mono tremolo or panning
- Fully analog signal path with up to a 12 dB volume boost
- 4 adjustable waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Pulse and Rhythm
- Variable frequency for Sine, Triangle, and Pulse waveforms
- 16-step programmable rhythm patterns
- 360° phase control – right channel modulation to left channel
- Invert waveforms
- Wide modulation rate control
- Set modulation rate and rhythm tap tempo via footswitch
- Subdivide your modulation rate – dotted 1/8, 1/4 note triplet, 1/8 note, 1/8 note triplet, 1/16 and 1/32 notes
- Expression pedal or CV control for Rate, Depth, Shape, Phase or Volume
- External footswitch input for tap tempo plus up to 2 additional functions
- Save settings in 8 presets
- True bypass circuitry