The Panasonic AK-HC5000 HD Studio Handy Camera with LEMO CCU Connector is a professional, multi-format camera that captures HD and SD video using three 2/3" MOS sensors. It features a B4 mount, which allows you to use virtually any 2/3" format ENG lens. The camera can capture at NTSC or PAL broadcast compatible frame rates. The camera is designed for studio work and does not incorporate a recorder, instead outputting via 3G-SDI outputs or the fiber optic connection. It can also be used in a hand held configuration while retaining the same output capabilities. It captures images at up to 59.94 fps, and features a hi-speed mode that allows you to capture at 239.76 or 200 fps depending on what signal format you are shooting.
A variety of image controls allow you to adjust the image quality, with such high-performance functions as dynamic range stretch, cine gamma curve, skin tone detail correction. Independent servo controlled ND and CC filter wheels provide creative opportunities to handle a wide variety of shooting conditions. A LEMO connector enables an optical fiber cable connection to an optional CCU that increases the camera's flexibility
Dynamic Range Stretch
Rolling Shutter Reduction and Flash Band Compensation
4x High-Speed Shooting in 1080p
Chromatic Aberration Compensation
12-Axis Color Correction
Skin Tone Correction
Focus Assist Functions
Expand (magnifies the center of the image)
Square - displays boxes around the parts of the image that are sharpest in frame
Video and Data Transmission Functions (Trunk)
- HD-SDI (CCU camera) two lines, VBS (CCU camera) two lines: Can be used for monitoring with prompter or camera (studio floor monitor), etc.
- HD-SDI (camera CCU) one line: This line can be used to transmit an additional video signal of a handheld or remote camera to the studio. Since the camera video input is equipped with a frame synchronizer, asynchronous video signals can also be used.
- LAN (1000BaseT) one line: To be used to control external devices and remote cameras by IP protocol. Transmission of streaming video is also supported.
- DATA (RS422A or RS232C) two lines: Can be used to transfer lens and pedestal position data in a virtual system.
- Color temperature display and adjustment from 2000 to 15,000K
- Camera settings including VF markers can be saved to and loaded from an SD card
- Lens files for flare and shading values are supported
- The camera supports IP control and at a future time IP streaming
- 12 VDC output with 2.5 and 1 A output ports
- The body incorporates four user definable buttons