Capture vibrant images and video of sting rays, parrot fish, and coral at 200' beneath the surface with your Panasonic LUMIX ZS50 / TZ70 camera in this Ikelite Underwater Housing.
External lighting is more powerful than your camera's built-in flash, but your flash can be used to trigger an optional, external AF35 AutoFlash strobe as a wireless slave, replicating TTL exposure (except when using external accessory lenses). As an alternative, two fiber-optic ports are provided for connecting optional cables. The housing also includes a diffuser to soften your built-in flash and a deflector to redirect the light towards an external strobe. This added lighting will provide greater color accuracy and vibrancy, and it can be placed in a position to virtually eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows.
Built for durability, the housing is designed, constructed by hand, and tested in the USA. A corrosion-resistant, clear polycarbonate and acrylic body offers a full view of the camera, allowing you to monitor the O-ring seal to ensure correct waterproof installation. Large, ergonomic mechanical controls provide access to all camera functions except the diopter adjustment dial and LVF-Fn2 button. The camera mounting plate allows easy access to the battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4"-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod top-side.
The housing's built-in, flat glass lens port has a 3.9" diameter. Since light is absorbed very quickly as it passes through water, optional color-correction filters can be added to enhance colors below the surface. The port also accepts optional external lenses, to allow an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively.
For close-ups, use Ikelite's optional external macro adapter 9306.82 with optional 67mm threaded macro lenses from Inon and Epoque. Wide-angle coverage requires Ikelite's optional WD-4 wide-angle conversion dome 6430.4. Approximately three-fourths of the camera's zoom range can be used with the dome in place; however, slight vignetting may occur at camera's widest angle setting. This effect can be eliminated by zooming in slightly or cropping the image in post processing. Aside from using the 9306.82 or 6430.4, other accessory lenses and adapters are not compatible with this housing.
- Depth Rating: 200'
- Drop-in loading enables quick and easy camera installation and setup
- Simply close two double-passivated, stainless steel locking lid snaps on the sides, and see o-ring form a solid watertight seal
- Manufactured from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and acrylic, which is clear to allow you to monitor o-ring seal and maintain full view of camera
- Designed, constructed by hand, and tested in the USA
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled dials, a grooved dial, and a lever, provide access to all camera functions except the diopter adjustment dial and LVF-Fn2 button
- Camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4"-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod top-side
- Optional tray with single or dual handles improves balance and control while giving you attachment point(s) for optional lighting arm(s)
- Built-in, flat glass lens port has a 3.9" diameter
- Accepts optional external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses, to allow an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively
- Both types of lenses will enable you to get closer to subjects, cutting down on amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- You can also add optional color-correction filters for blue and green water to restore colors that get absorbed below the surface
- You can add an optional AF35 AutoFlash strobe, which features a flex arm and mounts onto the grip handle of an optional tray
- This external strobe is triggered as a wireless slave by firing the camera's built-in flash, replicating TTL exposure (except when using external accessory lenses)
- As an alternative, two ports are provided for connection of Ikelite, Sea & Sea, or Olympus-type fiber-optic cables
- Housing includes a diffuser to soften the light of the camera's built-in flash and a deflector to redirect it towards an external strobe
- Since built-in flash is generally only effective within very short distance from subject, use of a more powerful external strobe is highly recommended
- External strobe will provide greater illumination, color accuracy, and vibrancy, and can be placed in a position to virtually eliminate backscatter, glare, and hard shadows